Contribute
Register

Success - Z370-HD3 i5-8600K - RX 580 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
You didn't describe exactly what the sleep problem is? Does it go to sleep and wake up immediately? Or does it go to sleep and never wake up? Or something else?

I had the problem of it going to sleep and waking up immediately, but that was due to my card reader installed into one of the USB motherboard headers. Once I removed that, the issue went away. Also check for stuff like your liquid cooler that can wake the PC up if you install the RGB control to the USB motherboard header. Instant wake after sleep are usually always related to USB internal/external devices.

If it never wakes from sleep, you might be using the wrong darkwake. Either use darkwake=0 (disable power nap) or darkwake=8 or darkwake=10.
Yes thank you. in fact, the computer falls asleep but does not wake up. tried there is darkwake=0,=1,=2...=10 no effect

@agrajag could you send your current EFI? Im using very similar parts, but my HS is freezing/crashing all the time.

@agrajag could you send your current EFI? Im using very similar parts, but my HS is freezing/crashing all the time.
EFI attached to post #1 updated with current version.
Your build signature indicates an MSI motherboard- this will have significant differences from the Z370-HD3 that this thread is intended to support.

Congrats for your awesome guide!!

Last edited:
Nevermind, all good

Last edited:
I just wanted to know if I can use directly the files of the guy... without messing too much with all the guide... as is already done...
But not just for that, is just because is done, in a way that is not updated, is just linear. And if you want to do what he did, you just have to do everything since the beginning till the end, and then update on top of it, as he didn't update his previous steps...
So for me, is not clear enough, as today I am sure some procedures could be different. Apart from the fact as it started with High Sierra and end up with Mojave... (I need High Sierra because of the nVidia card).
So I wanted to make sure that the approach I was thinking about to do (two posts before) is correct or not... I am not asking for a complete step by step explanation, just if I was going in a good way or not... and if there is something more to have into account.

Last edited:
I just wanted to know if I can use directly the files of the guy... without messing too much with all the guide... as is already done...
But not just for that, is just because is done, in a way that is not updated, is just linear. And if you want to do what he did, you just have to do everything since the beginning till the end, and then update on top of it, as he didn't update his previous steps...
So for me, is not clear enough, as today I am sure some procedures could be different. Apart from the fact as it started with High Sierra and end up with Mojave... (I need High Sierra because of the nVidia card).
So I wanted to make sure that the approach I was thinking about to do (two posts before) is correct or not... I am not asking for a complete step by step explanation, just if I was going in a good way or not... and if there is something more to have into account.
The answer is yes. But you have to try.
I have two SSD on this machine, one with 10.13.6 and the other with 10.14.1.
I'm trying to fix USB problem building an appropriate SSDT-UIAC.aml

Last edited:
Nevermind, all good.

Last edited:
The answer is yes. But you have to try.
I have two SSD on this machine, one with 10.13.6 and the other with 10.14.1.
I'm trying to fix USB problem building an appropriate SSDT-ULAC.aml
@cam01 But, I thought the SSDT is in the EFI files he provide in order to solve the USB problems..., I thought everything was there already...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back