Contribute
Register

Success - Z370-HD3 i5-8600K - RX 580 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the fans are okay even if you disable the Serial and Parallel Ports in SuperIO? For me that is the only reason for the fans issue after sleep. If I leave that setting alone (both enabled) then the fans are fine. But leaving those ports enabled doesn't even have any effect on functionality in macOS as far as I'm concerned, so I'm fine with staying with F8a.

And an update on the RAM issue I was having. I tried out the G. Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz RAM instead of Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz and unfortunately it did NOT solve the "Disk Not Ejected Properly" error messages after waking up from sleep with external USB drives.

However, I did try a pair of GeiL 2400MHz RAM and the issue went away even with XMP Profile turned on. So right now I'm pretty certain it's a RAM speed issue where you cannot pass 2400MHz speed with XMP Profile turned on.

Since I want to keep 3200MHz speed, I installed Jettison and Paragon NTFS for writing to NTFS drives. It is working good now with no more disk not properly ejected messages.

Anyone using faster than 2400MHz RAM on this motherboard, have XMP Profile turned on, and NOT have disk not ejected properly messages for external USB drives after waking up from sleep? If so, could you tell me what brand and model RAM you're using?
So the fans are okay even if you disable the Serial and Parallel Ports in SuperIO?

YES

Cautiously optimistic that Z370-HD3 BIOS F8 (just released) seems to have sorted out the fan issue- two days and so far seems to be OK. That said, updating the BIOS is a PITA in getting the right settings going again, so not to be taken lightly.

Hello, I have the same MB and a MSI aero RX560 I used your tutorial, it works great!
Did you upgrade to Mojave or you prefer waiting for the 14.1?

Hi. I have the same assembly. Updated to Mojave. Everything works perfect except sleep. Does anyone have any thoughts on this issue?

The pieces in my install to support the RX 560 graphics card are the AMD9xxxControllerPatcher.kext and Lilu+WhateverGreen, and then a few patches in the config.plist (renaming of devices so they are Mac-like).

The pieces in my install to support the RX 560 graphics card are the AMD9xxxControllerPatcher.kext and Lilu+WhateverGreen, and then a few patches in the config.plist (renaming of devices so they are Mac-like).
Thank you. I will try tomorrow

agrajag said:
Hi. I have the same assembly. Updated to Mojave. Everything works perfect except sleep. Does anyone have any thoughts on this issue?
You didn't describe exactly what the sleep problem is? Does it go to sleep and wake up immediately? Or does it go to sleep and never wake up? Or something else?

I had the problem of it going to sleep and waking up immediately, but that was due to my card reader installed into one of the USB motherboard headers. Once I removed that, the issue went away. Also check for stuff like your liquid cooler that can wake the PC up if you install the RGB control to the USB motherboard header. Instant wake after sleep are usually always related to USB internal/external devices.

If it never wakes from sleep, you might be using the wrong darkwake. Either use darkwake=0 (disable power nap) or darkwake=8 or darkwake=10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back