Contribute
Register

Success - Z370-HD3 i5-8600K - RX 580 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
agrajag's Build: Z370-HD3 - i5-8600K - GTX 1060
The only error I made was to forget that the High Sierra Installer converts the SSD to APFS.

Backtracking I reformatted the SSD to HFS+ and reinstalled High Sierra again, this time using the instruction here to avoid the conversion to APFS.

Hi agrajag, how did you avoid the conversion to APFS?
Thx, great build :)

Hi agrajag, how did you avoid the conversion to APFS?
Thx, great build :)
In the end I did it backasswards and fixed it by installing to a regular disk, and then formatting my SSD as HFS+ and using Carbon Copy Cloner to do a full (clean) disk copy onto the SSD.

The proper way to do it is to use terminal command to prevent the automatic APFS conversion before the Installer does its thing, so the HFS formatting of the SSD is preserved. The details are mentioned in various other install guides.

Hi Agrajag, I am trying to make my system like yours since we have the same board, I have copied your kexts into my clover folder, and duplicated your config.plist, but I seem to have now lost my audio.

NM I fixed it.

Last edited:
Do you have your onboard iGPU enabled? If so do you have intelgraphicsfixup.kext installed in S/L or S/L/E?

When I boot these lines appears on the monitor....

APFSStart:1456: Mounting with apfs_efi_osx-748.57.19
efi_container_create:1079: -efi_container_create, Status = 8000000000000007

Screenshot_2018-04-12-22-15-45.png

Did you know how to eliminate these lines?

HERE THE SOLUTION:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...1-no-early-logging.236133/page-2#post-1651489

Last edited:
I followed Toleda's Guide for this version of the 892 audio <https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/before-you-install-audio-desktop-realtek-applehda-guide.219810/> and it has been working fine.

I've been working through my own audio issues on my ga z370 hd3 i5-8400 build with toleda in his No Audio Devices - AppleHDA Realtek Audio Problem Solving thread. Here is where I ended up:

IOReg does not see the audio codec.
Verify BIOS/..../Onboard Devices/HD Audio/Enabled

I'm using F5 currently and I can't seem to find an option to toggle HD Audio in Bios. I was wondering if this is an issue that ya'll had run into while working with your mobo at all.

If I upgrade to F6 will that solve the issue?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back