Contribute
Register

Success - Z370-HD3 i5-8600K - RX 580 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!

Could you tell me what guides you followed to make the hackintosh to your computer?

I am trying to do it with a similar configuration without success:
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3
  • CPU: Intel Core i3 (8100) -- which I plan to replace with an i5 or i7 in the near future
  • RAM: G.Skill RipjawsV 2x8GB at 3000MHz
  • GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB (Gigabyte)

Did you ever get it figured out because I have almost the exact same setup as you and it won't work as well. It won't see my SSD drive after install and MultiBeast.

Hello, I try to install on this system, tried all versions - Sierra, High Sierra, Mojave. No matter, if i try with my Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti, graphics always shows 8MB VRAM. Only when i inject Nvidia shows correct GPU but with 256MB RAM. Tried all solutions from this site regarding this Z370-HD3 board... to no avail.. some help please? This is my 7th install rig and the only one I am stuck. Thanks.

You said you did something that prevented HS form converting the drive to APFS, what do I ned to do to do that? I'm a this is my first hacintosh build so the more detailed the better. Thanks.

Hey. I updated the BIOS of the Gigabyte Z370-HD3 motherboard to version F11, and my system stopped loading. Having made a downgrade bios to the version F10, I again received a successful download. Has anyone else been like that?

What benefits were u looking to get out of upgrading bios? Since my system is fully functional it’s never crossed my mind.

update - improved microcode, as promised by the manufacturer. always try to update that system, that periphery

My config.plist is at the bottom of Post #1. As to the USB issues, have you created an SSDT for USB as per Rehabman's guide to dealing with the usb port limit? I have mine in the EFI folder (ACPI/patched) attached in post #1 but it might not be appropriate for you if the ports you are using are different. In my case the USB 2 and USB 3 ports all work fine, aside from those that are turned off in the SSDT.

Thanks so much. Putting your files from the patched folder under ACPI fixed my USB issues.

Hello agrajag, i have this same board with a 8700k and a RX 580 Nitro+ 8GB. Were you ever able to get your sleep to work perfectly? Everything for mine works perfect except when I put it to sleep, if i don't wake it back up until the morning the machine has rebooted itself and the screen is sitting on clover boot menu. Theres also a minor USB glitch but I can deal with that after I get the sleep issue fixed.

Hello agrajag, i have this same board with a 8700k and a RX 580 Nitro+ 8GB. Were you ever able to get your sleep to work perfectly? Everything for mine works perfect except when I put it to sleep, if i don't wake it back up until the morning the machine has rebooted itself and the screen is sitting on clover boot menu. Theres also a minor USB glitch but I can deal with that after I get the sleep issue fixed.
Mine has worked since flashing the mobo to the F8 BIOS. I'm still using that since I don't see any reason to use the later ones. There could be other reasons for the issue you see- does the Console (e.g. system.log) show anything particular when it dies? The minor USB glitch could be the issue too. Sleep can get messed up by any number of issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back