Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Z170X-UD5 TH, i7-6700K, AMD Radeon Pro WX 7100, 64GB DDR4

Status
Not open for further replies.
@iLikeHackintosh I only tested internal audio initially but it seemed to work reliable (no cracks or the like). In my daily work I exclusively use the SPL Crimson (USB audio interface) for audio though. So I do not have a lot of experience with the internal audio, I'm afraid.

No audo after wake solved with this solution for ALC1150.

But cracks are unsoved yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the same hardware as you. I have been using a GTX 760 but decided to upgrade it to a GTX 950.
Everything was working fine with the GTX 760 and now I get No Signal from my monitor after the Apple logo.
Uninstalled and reinstalled the nvidia webdrivers. Also ran the AGDPfix and the following shell commands (kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel and kextcache -system-cache).
I am running an Smbios of 14,2 with clover parameters of Inject System ID and NvidiaWeb.

The only way I am able to access my Hackintosh is if I remove use Nvidia Webdrivers from Clover or nv_disable=1.

I am hoping you might be able to lead me in the right direction.

I have the same hardware as you. I have been using a GTX 760 but decided to upgrade it to a GTX 950.
Everything was working fine with the GTX 760 and now I get No Signal from my monitor after the Apple logo.
Uninstalled and reinstalled the nvidia webdrivers. Also ran the AGDPfix and the following shell commands (kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel and kextcache -system-cache).
I am running an Smbios of 14,2 with clover parameters of Inject System ID and NvidiaWeb.

The only way I am able to access my Hackintosh is if I remove use Nvidia Webdrivers from Clover or nv_disable=1.

I am hoping you might be able to lead me in the right direction.

On your case the hardware might seconday isse, the primary issue might be the installation procedure. I reccomend to start over, as I had similar issue, but when i changed the installation procedure, I succeeded.

Please check here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...3-test-build-ga-z170x-ud5-th-i5-6600k.199242/

On you case you have to follow the post-installation procedure no need to install from scratch. But clean up everything! Boot from USB, clean EFI/Clover totally and from /Library/Extensions additional kext. Just for case uninstall nvidia webdriver and reinstall it at the final stage, when the rest is fine again. If you have skylake, use iMac 17.1 instead!!

On your case the hardware might seconday isse, the primary issue might be the installation procedure. I reccomend to start over, as I had similar issue, but when i changed the installation procedure, I succeeded.

Please check here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...3-test-build-ga-z170x-ud5-th-i5-6600k.199242/

On you case you have to follow the post-installation procedure no need to install from scratch. But clean up everything! Boot from USB, clean EFI/Clover totally and from /Library/Extensions additional kext. Just for case uninstall nvidia webdriver and reinstall it at the final stage, when the rest is fine again. If you have skylake, use iMac 17.1 instead!!

Thank you for the help and advice. Tried all that as well as starting clean. As soon as I got the drivers installed and AGDPfix, black screen.
Sent the card in for a refund and getting an AMD. Hopefully that works seamlessly. Don't need it for gaming, just 4K.

Hi,
i almost have the same setup as you which is running really fine. Like you i use it for audio related stuff.
Is that a real "Hang" on one of your pictures? Seems hard to get one of these...

At the moment i don't have a CPU Power Management adjustment but the systems works, so i will do this at a later time. No problem.

But what bothers me are the USB Ports that i also have to take care of. I would like to use your "excludes" but i am wondering which of the ports will be working afterwards? Of course i simply could try out but maybe you wouldn't mind to tell me?

Thanks a lot!

But what bothers me are the USB Ports that i also have to take care of. I would like to use your "excludes" but i am wondering which of the ports will be working afterwards? Of course i simply could try out but maybe you wouldn't mind to tell me?
For me the flags only work in conjunction with a custom SSDT. All the ports work now. I'm not sure if there's additional motherboard header ports my case does not utilise but for me all ports are working.
Please find attached my complete EFI folder including all modifications for reference. I hope this helps. PD: My config.plist has replace marks in it. So, if you want to use it you have to replace them with real values first. I used the following replace marks:
* BOOTVOLUME
* ROM
* SERIALNUMBER
* BOARDSERIALNUMBER
* BOARDID

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1 MB · Views: 126
Lucky me... I have quite an old unused computer from my client, and he let me have it. I spent nothing except for trackpad and keyboard from Apple which they call "magic". That's all, I don't even bought any cable whatsoever.
It is an old PC but the score is almost the same as yours. see https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/2548488

Wait the minute.. I didn't even bought those "magic" things, my other client did. I only had to take a look at their database structure as an exchange. My friends think I have bunch of money to spent for that PC, the real thing is I only need bunch of times to install it.. Please don't tell any one, ok...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back