Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Z170X-UD5 TH, i7-6700K, AMD Radeon Pro WX 7100, 64GB DDR4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for reply! Happy New Year's Eve too! ;)

Please can you help me out with actual BIOS settings?

Can you save your bios settings to disk and upload here? GA-Z170X-UD5 TH bios supports saving profiles to HDD as I understand.

@iLikeHackintosh I guess I will have to take photographs of the different BIOS screens then, because I was unable to find any information on how to store/export the actual BIOS settings to disk. I will google a little further and if I shouldn't be able to find anything, I will go ahead, take the photographs and add them to my build description.

@iLikeHackintosh I guess I will have to take photographs of the different BIOS screens then, because I was unable to find any information on how to store/export the actual BIOS settings to disk. I will google a little further and if I shouldn't be able to find anything, I will go ahead, take the photographs and add them to my build description.

Hi! I's on the last tab of BIOS setting, Save & Exit. Below is an option, Save Profile. Click this option and choose HDD. Please insert some FAT32 thumb drive into USB to save prdofile on this device.

Thank you!

@amadeusp81 - Did you experience this?

So, I have installed (upgraded) to Sierra, but something weird is happening. EVERY time I startup, I'm forced to go through the startup process after logging in: you know, the iCloud login, then the "setting up your Mac" thing, even the "optimizing your mac" process....no matter if I skip everything, or login properly to iCloud, etc the process repeats at every boot.

Quite literally, this happens every time I startup, I have to go through this process (when it should happen only once).

Any ideas out there? Once I'm logged in, and have gone through the process, things seem fine. But it's a bit tiresome to go through this over and over again and again.

This is on a second Hack: GA-Z170X-UD5 TH, 32 GB of RAM, GTX 980 card, Sierra 10.12.2

Hi @mm2margaret. Unfortunately, this is the first time I hear of this issue. I googled your problem and found this: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7379487?start=0&tstart=0

Another possible fix (although the question is focussing on Mavericks):
http://apple.stackexchange.com/ques...owing-up-on-every-restart-on-mac-mini-with-os

Thanks for the prompt reply. I figured it out; somehow during the upgrade and restore process, my User ID got corrupted. I figured that out by checking permissions in my home directory (when one of users listed there says "Fetching..", that means trouble). So, I had to delete that account and re-create it. I would have run disk permissions repair, but Sierra doesn't allow it, so when I created a new user account, this issue never came up. Oh well......I guess I should have just installed a fresh copy of Sierra rather than trying to upgrade....

Thanks again! Great Work by the way on your Build!

And, I almost forgot.....Happy New Year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back