Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Z170X-UD5 TH, i7-6700K, AMD Radeon Pro WX 7100, 64GB DDR4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have built the same machine, except I have the non Thunderbolt version of the Motherboard ( Z170X-UD5) and I can't for the life of me get the system to recognize 32GB of ram, it boots with 16GB just fine. I have tried the XMP profile 1 as suggested many other places but that doesn't help, any suggestions? I have Bios version F5
Are you absolutely sure you plugged in the RAM fully in? a lot of times people thing it is in but it is actually not

@chrluc: Hm, I also have F5 and since it worked for me right out of the box, I would not know how to help you whit this, unfortunately. But, I stumbled over this issue quite often. Was the XMP thing the only "solution" you could find for this in the forum?
Thanks for the response, I actually had to update to the F20 Bios and now the ram is recognized. Hope this information might help someone else in a similar situation.

Now if I can only get my Wi-fi/Bluetooth card working

Another question, which audio interface do you use?

So, I don't suppose you would consider posting your EFI directory? You can always zero out the SMBIOS and RTVariables stuff if you're worried about revealing some of that....

Let me try to help you @mm2margaret. Attached is an archive with all the stuff that I modified in my EFI directory, including my config.plist. I replaced some real values in the config.plist with the following replace marks:
* BOOTVOLUME
* ROM
* SERIALNUMBER
* BOARDSERIALNUMBER
* BOARDID

So, install the latest clover, put my config.plist and the files in your EFI directory, replace the replace marks in the config.plist with your real values and last but not least (if you are using an Nvidia GPU), install the latest Web Driver but DO NOT restart just yet. Modify the file /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist first. Search for the <key>ConfigMap</key> section and find your board id. Change Config2 to none bellow), save. Execute the following two terminal commands and a restart:
* kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
* kextcache -system-cache

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1 MB · Views: 192
Hey, thanks! I am a Video Editor, while I typically mostly deal with Video, I do also dabble in Sound editing (Pro Tools and Audition), so thanks so much!!

I have two Mac hacks. One is an X99 and one is a Z170 (just like your motherboard, very close to your system parameters), and I've been looking for options to upgrade both to Sierra as both Avid and Premiere now support Sierra.

This is very much appreciated. One down, one to go.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back