Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z97M-PLUS
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GeForce GTX 970
I've found a bunch of tutorials for installing Yosemite on ASUS Z97M-PLUS, but most of them are using UniBeast & Chimera. I've wanted to turn off BIOS legacy mode, so I've found this tutorial:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html

It works almost perfectly, so I'll just note steps specific for this build.

Before you start, it's probably safest to load optimized defaults for your UEFI. You can turn on VT-x and VT-d if you need them as everything works with those options enabled. The only thing you have to do is disable secure boot: in advanced mode go to Boot->Boot\Secure Boot menu and under OS Type select Other OS).

That's it. Now follow tony's guide 'till you come to the Clover customization part. In there select these options:
View attachment 151326

Finish Clover installation and navigate to newly mounted EFI partition:
  • /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ and replace default config.plist with attached config.plist-Standard.zip (in tony's post)
  • Go to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/ and add following files: FakeSMC.kext and AppleIntelE1000.kext. You don't have to add NullCPUPowerManagement.kext (everything works without it).
  • Go to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/, remove VBoxHfs-64.efi and add HFSPlus.efi.

Follow the guide to install Yosemite. Follow Post-Install steps to install Clover on your HDD. Use same set of kexts, remove VBoxHfs and replace it with HFSPlus. Before rebooting (while you still have EFI partition mounted) use the following steps to install sound drivers:
  • Download and run the following script: audio_cloverALC-110.command
  • If you get "Confirm Clover Legacy Install", exit the script, unmount currently mounted EFI partition (if any) and remount manually
  • Answer the questions like this:
Code:
File: audio_cloverALC-110.command_v1.0f
EFI partition is mounted
Boot/Arguments = kext-dev-mode=1 found
Confirm Realtek ALC887 (y/n): y
ALC887 v_0x100302 (Current)
Enable HD4600 HDMI audio (y/n): y
Clover Audio ID Injection (y/n): y
Use Audio ID: 1 (y/n): y
After the last question the script will download required files, fix permissions and rebuild kernel cache. After everything's done you should get the following message: "Install finished, restart required.". DO NOT restart yet. We still need to manually add kext that fixes no audio after sleep problem.
First download newest Kext Utility. Then download newest Codec Commander. Extract Codec Commander archive, go to Release folder and drag CodeCommander.kext onto the Kext Utility app. Enter your password and reboot after it finishes.

That's it. Now you have fully working UEFI hackintosh :)

Hi,

Thank you for this post.

I also installed Yosemite on my ASUS z97m-plus, but the sound does not work.
When I run the script : audio_cloverALC-110.command, I get
"
File: audio_cloverALC-110.command_v1.0fPrint: Entry, ":CFBundleShortVersionString", Does Not Exist
Error occurred, AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Info.plist/BundleShortVersionString not found
No system files were changed
To save a Copy of this Terminal session: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As ...
logout

[Process completed]"

What do I have to do?

Many thanks,
Cédric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back