Motherboard
Sabertooth X79
CPU
i7
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
@dnovosad
I
Used this guide to do a fresh install Sierra/Clover on the Asus Sabertooth x79. After some pain and suffering and a bunch of reading I've managed to install this. Imagine this: Ethernet started to work immediately! External FireWire sound card Presonus FireBox also worked with no additional drivers!!! Nvidia 1050ti works after installing Webdriver! Amazing!!!

There are 2 small issues I'm still trying to figure out:
1. 3930k processor is not recognized
2. I sometimes get an error saying something about not shutting off properly.

Attachments

Motherboard
Sabertooth X79
CPU
i7
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
@dnovosad I'm wondering, if I do the update to High Sierra or Mojave now via app store, would it break anything? Would I have to mess with Clover or anything, or it would just continue to work?

Thanks for the amazing guide!

Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth X79
CPU
i7-3820
Graphics
GTX 980 Ti
Mobile Phone
iOS
@dnovosad I'm wondering, if I do the update to High Sierra or Mojave now via app store, would it break anything? Would I have to mess with Clover or anything, or it would just continue to work?

Thanks for the amazing guide!
I'm not an expert at all but I think the most far you can go with this Sabertooth X79 config is to High Sierra. As well as NVIDIA graphic cards are no longer supported by Mojave and there are no alternate drives for them. So...
You can step up to Hagh Sierra but I suspect that would be better to do a fresh install rather than an ordinary upgrade.

Cheers, man and welcome to the Sabertooth X79 clan. (But I suspect that we´re all alone here now, all the others are so silent :rolleyes:)