Contribute
Register

Success! Yosemite on Gigabyte Z68MX-UD2H-B3 Hackintosh Build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Success! Yosemite on Gigabyte Z68MX-UD2H-B3 / i5 2500K Hackintosh Build!

Just wanted to post my results from upgrading my Hackintosh to Yosemite. I went from Mt. Lion right to Yosemite, and had zero issues. Everything works, WiFi, Sound, Display, all USB Ports including USB 3.0, eSATA port, Ethernet, FireWire Card (ect). I have not come across one item that does not work. So far, it's perfect!

My MOBO has the latest UEFI BIOS from Gigabyte flashed on it. This was not done with the older Award BIOS.

I did a 100% clean install, wiped the OSX side of my SSD partition and did an install of Yosemite from scratch. If you're just trying to upgrade without wiping, I'm not sure if you'll have to do anything different. But I did everything as follows:

1. Created bootable flash drive of the Yosemite install with UniBeast. (Instructions for this are in the "Installation Guide" tab above.)
2. Went into my BIOS and set all my settings back to the Optimized Defaults. After the defaults were loaded in I set my Memory Profile to Profile 1 and my SATA Control to AHCI (If your Hard Drive that you want to install on does not show up in the installer, you probably forgot to do this step).
3. Booted to the Flash Drive (This should happen all by itself, if not, then hit F12 at the first boot screen until a menu pops up and select your flash drive)
4. Before selecting the Yosemite install I used the "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" boot flag because I'm running a separate graphics card and not the graphics on my MOBO.
5. I followed through with the Yosemite Install, did a full partition wipe of my SSD from Disk Utility in the installer and sat back while Yosemite installed. (Go grab some food or something, this takes a solid 10-15 Minutes.)
6. When it was finished I booted back into the Flash Drive (F12 if needed) and selected the freshly installed Yosemite OS, once again, I used the "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" boot flag so it would boot with my graphics card.
7. Set up Yosemite and then ran MultiBeast. You can download my MultiBeast settings below. They have worked flawlessly for me.
8. Restarted my Hackintosh after MultiBeast was done and pulled the Flash Drive. Selected my Yosemite Install from the bootloader and bam! Perfect install!

I'll report back any errors I come across, but so far, I have not had one! I have used my Audio Interface, Pro Tools, Logic, my UAD Plugins and all of that fun stuff and have not had an issue!
The only thing I have yet to do is get my OverClock settings back and see how Yosemite reacts to them. Once I do so, I'll report back on how it's doing!

Hope this helps! Happy Installing!
what graphics card are you using? I am planning to upgrade my GPU from on board graphics. thanks!

Could you post your config.plist?
When I type (-x -v) the computer freezes at this screen
View attachment 184239

I would venture to guess you just need to redo your installation. Same thing happened to me, and I just re-installed. I figured out that I just missed a step. Print out the guide if you have to. That's why the guide states, "follow to the letter". You just have to go over every step one by one so you miss something. good luck ! This is for everyone's benefit, as by now, I'm sure you figured it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back