CPU
Core2Quad Q6600 2,4GHz
Graphics
GEFORCE 9500GT 1GB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
After laborious work, I´m grateful in announce my success install of Yosemite Hackintosh on Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L + Nvidia GTS250.

I have already posted something about the construction in previous Threads as long as the problems I fought, and the final problem I declared I was fighting with was related to sound! It just works right now!

To install, I have to remove all kext concerned to audio in /System/Library/Extensions, including AppleHDA.kext, and install, via Multibeast, the VodooHDA audio driver VERSION 2.7.3.

I have tried this version guided by the fact that it was the most recent version offered by Multibeast when I installed Snow Leopard, and at that time, it worked, and works until now, fine.

When installing yosemite, the correlated Multibeast offers versions 2.8.x, but the most current version 2.8.7 did NOT work when installed. It has enabled all the sound controllers, as if it had work properly, but I got no sound at all!!!! Always mute speakers.

So, I installed version 2.7.x after removing all related kext and files from version 2.8. And it works!!!!

And tonight I will sleep happy, very happy. Snow Leopard and Yosemite running fine on my machine.... Together with Windows 8 and OpenSuSE 13.2, all of them bootable through Chimeras boot menu!

Simply, the beast!

Tanks to all, and specially to tonymacx86!

Good night!
Captura de Tela 2015-09-09 às 23.13.57.pngCaptura de Tela 2015-09-09 às 23.13.57 (2).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

could you please tell me excactly which files you used to get it running. (Maybe provide them? :thumbup: )

Kind regards,
iosdowngrader

Yes. No problem. I can help you.
But I suggest now you should install El Capitan, with clover. Working fine on my system.

On El Capitan, the sound installation procedure remains the same. You should remove AppleHDA.kext before installing Voodoo from Multibeast. This procedure avoids AppleHDA to be loaded in place of Voodoo kext leading to no sound.

What about your current install situation? Have you already tried to install? Let's see what you need.

At your disposal.

I am trying this tonight on my GA-G31M-ES2L, with E8400 + GeForce GT 230

I am using El Capitan 10.11.3, with MBR Clover.

I'm sure there are patched AppleHDA files from Mirone... will look into this (I hate VoodooHDA).

Any help/advice or DSDT or kext files (for El Capitan) would be most appreciated. Also, your Config.plist file would come in very handy.

Many thanks.

I have Rev 2.0 of this board. The mirone Kexts gave me KPs and I can't even remove them from -s mode so ready installing el cap. Would like to know from OP which voodoo kext to load from MultiBeast. Thanks

How about the display port, is the hdmi post is working?

My graphic card has two DVI and one HDMI output connectors, but each one of my two monitors have a DVI and a DB15 VGA. So, I´m not using HDMI graphic card output, and haven´t tested it. But I think there will be no problem on bringing it on working. If you need to enable it and native driver does not accomplish the job on your case, try proprietary NVIDIA OS X Driver. It will certainly works. Both graphic card DVI outputs working perfectly, with native OS X driver, "out of the box".

Clue: once both work fine, install El Capitan + Clover instead Yosemite + Chimera. In the first case, installation is straight forward (follow Tonymac installation guide).

Last edited:
Hi all, currently trying to install El Cap on a G31M-ES2L and not having much luck. I can't get it to recognize any internal drives. If I put the drive in a USB enclosure, it works fine, but not when plugged into the mobo via SATA.

I actually got it to work once, but my BIOS got reset, and since then I haven't been able to find the magic settings to get it working again.

Any help? Can someone post a detail of how they have their BIOS configured? Thanks in advance!

Hallo Thedbp.
Photos of my setup follow. I took pictures of all screens (see zipped file), but not all options are so important. This configuration is working fine for El Capitan with clover, and also to chimera + Yosemite or SL.
On setup main screen, press CTRL + F1. This will enable some "hidden" options in setup.
The most important options are:
--> Integrated Pheriferals
On-Chip Primary PCI IDE : Enabled
On-Chip SATA Mode: Enhanced
--> Advanced Bios Features
Hard Disk Boot Priority: [ to install, you must set your pen drive as first disk to boot, because Gigabyte bios has a known problem booting from alike devices when selection is made during initializations via F12 option (boot menu) ].
First Boot Device : Hard Disk (or the installation boot device).
HDD SMART: Enabled
Init Display First: PEG
--> Power Management Setup
ACPI Suspended Type: S3 (STR)
HPET Support: Enabled
HPET Mode: 64 bit mode
Power on by mouse: Double Click
Power on by keyboard: Password
Choose "1" as password. The two options above permit you to wake up the OS X from keyboard or mouse.
--> Intelligent Tweaker
Make sure you are not using overclock and tensions are in "auto" mode.
Performance Enhance: Standard
CPU Host Clock Control: Disabled
"Auto" to other options when possible.

Any doubt, see the pictures or send me a question.

Tchus.

Attachments

• GA-G31M-ES2L_BIOS-FG_SetupAllScreens_Hachintosh.zip
    61.4 MB · Views: 972
  • GA-G31M-ES2L_BIOS-FG_02_PowerManagement.jpg
    GA-G31M-ES2L_BIOS-FG_02_PowerManagement.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 3,491
  • GA-G31M-ES2L_BIOS-FG_03_IntegratedPeripherals.jpg
    GA-G31M-ES2L_BIOS-FG_03_IntegratedPeripherals.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 3,479
  • GA-G31M-ES2L_BIOS-FG_04_AdvancedBios.jpg
    GA-G31M-ES2L_BIOS-FG_04_AdvancedBios.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 2,761
Last edited:
anonimoculto, thank you so much! Your info solved the problem, I can see the internal drives and all is well. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I owe you one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back