[SUCCESS] Yosemite on GA-Z97X-UD3H / i7-4790K / GTX 960

Status
Not open for further replies.
my pc hardware is like you but i couldnte install yosemite
plz explane about Gigabyte bios
may pcs mother board : Gigabyte h97 d3h
Graphic card :GTX960
befor installing "kernel panic" in trouble
what code should i use for begening to instal?
tnx

Install Guide (without) a Graphics Card [Intel HD Graphics]
IMPORTANT: Remove ALL Stick(s) of RAM except for ONE stick
OPTIONAL: Unplug all HDDs and SSDs except for one you're going to install OS X on
Bootflags: -x -v

With the current Unibeast 6.1 removing all Ram sticks but one is not needed for
the Z97X-UD3H motherboard if you are using a dual channel Ram kit. (2 Dimms)

Here are the BIOS settings that work for my Z97X-UD3H board for Yosemite and El Capitan.
Initial Display Output setting reflects an install with HD4600 Graphics.

151103135110.jpg

151103135018.jpg

Windows 8 features should be set to Other OS
and Boot Mode set to UEFI and Legacy.

I have the GA-Z97x-UD3H (non-BK) as well. I've installed Yosemite with Unibeast and Multibeast, pretty much followed the OP's exact instructions. However, I have 3 issues.

-No Sound devices in input and output

-Nvidia Web Driver file won't let me install the package until I update my OS to 10.10.2 but I'm already running on it

-I can only boot into the drive in safe mode (-x -v), otherwise I will get the "Missing Bluetooth Controllers Transport" kernal panic and gets stuck there

I haven't did any BIOs setting at all and I'm wondering if it is effecting the build in any way. Currently on bios F8. Any idea which issue I should tackle first?

GTX 960 Restart loop

Hey there i have a Gigabyte gtx 960 4g video card and i cant figure out why is keep rebooting half way in to the boot.
i have a Z97X-SLI and i m using the El capitan USB disk.i manage to install the system by removing the GTX 960 but right now i install it back and half way in to the boot is rebooting.please any help ? thanks

They definitely work, but.. I have a Kingston HyperX Fury White RAM. 32gb total; 4x8gb. If all 4 RAM slots on the motherboard are filled, OS X freezes at some point, either at boot, a few seconds after logging into OS X, a few hours later or even a day later. Windows 7, on the other hand, works 100% perfectly with 4 sticks of RAM.

Isolating it to just 2 sticks fixes the freezing in OS X, but I'm now down to only 16gb of RAM which begs the question; what am I to do with the other 16gb? And what happens when 16gb isn't enough??

This 4-stick RAM issue is a well known problem with many Gigabyte motherboards, if you go to other forums you'll see others are having similar problems on Windows as well. Gigabyte needs to do something about this.

This makes absolutely Zero sense. I'm not doubting you that you read it on multiple forums and reviews fro Gb boards but I've built at least 13 builds since 2011 with sandy bridge and had no such problems. I've built 6 with the amazing Z77 up5, up7 and ud5h. All with zero hitches. This will be my first go and I just found a decent vendor who had the Z97x ud3h to go with my 4790k for my Hackintosh build.
I guess one could get an X99 board and populate (2) 16 gig sticks on each side to attain a total of 64 gigs.
I'm definitely looking to acquire at least 32 gb for FCPX 10.4, Motion and possibly Black Magic's Divinci Resolve. I have the Full Adobe cloud suite version on my Window 7 professional OS but detest premiere pro. I love Ps, After effects, Camera Raw, Bridge, Illustrator etc..I also love Blender and Maxxon's Cinema 4D.
On a side note has anyone had success with gigabyte boards with 6th, 7th and the new 6 core coffee lake 8700k cpu?
I'm just thinking if Z97 ud3h is causing so many problems I should go with a well documented stable system?
Mind you it would kill me to buy all new ddr4 memory , as I have tonnes of ddr3 left over.
Thank you to all the kind folks here ahead of time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back