Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Yosemite on GA-Z97X-UD3H / i7-4790K / GTX 960

Status
Not open for further replies.
No reason you should need Null CPU PM kext with a Haswell system.
Under Quickstart choose DSDT free for a Haswell system.

No reason you should need Null CPU PM kext with a Haswell system.
Under Quickstart choose DSDT free for a Haswell system.

I did both, perhaps thats what was messing things up before (also have loooong wait times for the computer to go to sleep and to shut off). I'll give it another shot tonight. Once I get everything I'll put together a complete build thread for my setup, I think it's going to be pretty thorough, should definitely help others trying out my motherboard. :)

Has anybody figured out how to get HDMI audio working on this motherboard yet? I'm running an i5 4670k with a GTX 970 4gb and I used this guide to install and configure Yosemite but I use a TV as my primary display so I'm not getting any audio. Everything else seems to be working fine (other than iMessage but I see there is a fix for that).

I have almost the exact same build as the OP, just different memory and SSD/HD's. This guide was perfect for me and got my machine up and running almost first time. I chose the wrong system definition. Which one would be best suited for this setup and does it really matter? Currently using iMac 14,2.

Also have the same problem as @energy23. Kingston Fury 1866 ram seems to cause KPs on Z97X-UD3H v1.1. Soooo frustrating.

I got Corsair Vengeance and had very little issues thus far.

Hello,
congratulations on your build !

I'd like to ask you some doubts I have on mine, which is very similar to yours.

MY CPU is a GA Z97X-UD3H / i7-4790k / GT 740 2GB

I installed it with Clover. It boots properly, network is working, the NDVIDIA web drivers installed with no problem (however, I don't know how could I test it or do any special configuration with it's app), but I had no success with AUDIO.

At this moment, the PREFERENCES/SOUND option shows: "No devices found".

How is your audio configured ?
Do you have a kext for it ?

Thank you,

Juan Manuel

Hello,
congratulations on your build !

I'd like to ask you some doubts I have on mine, which is very similar to yours.

MY CPU is a GA Z97X-UD3H / i7-4790k / GT 740 2GB

I installed it with Clover. It boots properly, network is working, the NDVIDIA web drivers installed with no problem (however, I don't know how could I test it or do any special configuration with it's app), but I had no success with AUDIO.

At this moment, the PREFERENCES/SOUND option shows: "No devices found".

How is your audio configured ?
Do you have a kext for it ?

Thank you,

Juan Manuel

Sorry for being away for a long time. Had no interest for a while but what I've seen so far about Clover is using MultiBeast for Audio Drivers.

I have almost the exact same build as the OP, just different memory and SSD/HD's. This guide was perfect for me and got my machine up and running almost first time. I chose the wrong system definition. Which one would be best suited for this setup and does it really matter? Currently using iMac 14,2.

I'm using Mac Pro 3,1

Sorry for being away for a long time. Had no interest for a while but what I've seen so far about Clover is using MultiBeast for Audio Drivers.

I've finally solved the audio issue with VOODOO HDA.

However I still have no good HDMI video output from the motherboard.
Video is all "broken" out of place. Sometimes it looks good for a brief moment, only when everything is still. Any animation breaks the video..
It should be an intel HD4600 integrated video on the GAz97.

Did you make it work ?

thanks !

JMA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back