Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Yosemite on GA-Z97X-UD3H / i7-4790K / GTX 960

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi i need help. install yosemite unibeast is OK multibeast also. i have same configuration GA-Z97X-UD3H / i7-4790K and after all install no QE/CI. i don't use any graphic cards
Type: GPU Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 5 MB
VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 10
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x0412
Revision ID: 0x0006
Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded
Displays:
Display:
Resolution: 1280 x 1024
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes

I have 10.10.2 Z97X-UD3H, I7-4790k and IGPX not working after multibeast install at same config

THANKS A LOT
You saved my day, I have built this machine today to use it for development, I had a successful installation from the first time. However, because I installed some wrong drivers using MultiBeast my machine ended failing to boot even after I tried the installation again, I cleared the CMOS but that didn't help, at last I had to flash my motherboard to the same BIOS version and everything was OK after that.

Using your configuration + boot0 fix my machine is now working fine. Only the Audio is not working, it seems to be recognized in System Preferences but no matter which output device I select I get no sound output, if there is a fix for that, that would be great.

Thanks again...

I forgot to mention that the 960 is powering 2 4K Samsung displays :)

Hello everyone, this took me some time but I finally got OS X Yosemite working on the GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-UD3H. Everything works fine with a few errors here and there but I've got everything sorted. iMessage and FaceTime obviously don't work with Chimera but you can follow this guide to fix it: How to fix iMessage

Specifications:
Intel Core i7-4790K (Stock at 4GHz)
GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
G.Skill Sniper Series 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM
EVGA GTX 960 SuperSC (2GB GDDR5 VRAM)
Crucial M500 240GB SSD (Windows 8.1 Pro)
Crucial MX100 256GB SSD (Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.2)
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB Hard Drive (Storage)
Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Peral)
Corsair RM Series 650W Power Supply
ASUS USB N13 USB WiFi Adapter (RaLink Wireless Utility)

------------------------------
IMPORTANT: You most likely will get a boot0 error. Don't worry because there's a fix however I recommend doing it before install OS X and after formatting the drive you're going to install OS X on. You can follow this guide to fix the problem: boot0 Error: The Official Guide
Install Guide (with) Graphics Card
IMPORTANT: Remove ALL Stick(s) of RAM except for ONE stick
OPTIONAL: Unplug all HDDs and SSDs except for one you're going to install OS X on
Bootflags: -x -v nv_disable=1 -no -zp

OPTIONAL: After you install OS X and go through setting up your user account. Shut down the computer and remove your GPU then boot up with bootflags: -x -v then install MultiBeast and the NVIDIA Web Driver. This process makes installing drivers easier.

Install MultiBeast with these options:
Quick Start > DSDT Free
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC1150
Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
Drivers > Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.10.x TRIM Patch (SSD ONLY)
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.14.1364
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.14.1364 Plugins
Drivers > Misc > USB 3.0 - Universal
Drivers > Network > Intel > AppleIntelE1000e v3.0.4.1a
Bootloaders > Chimera v4.0.1
Customize > Boot Options > 1080p Display Mode
Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options
Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode - Desktop
Customize > Boot Options > Kext Dev Mode
Customize > Boot Options > Verbose Boot

Hit Install and watch the magic happen!

You need the "Quadro & GeForce Mac OS X Web Driver Release 343.02.02" from NVIDIA's website. Once you download, just install and before you restart, go into settings and make sure you have "NVIDIA Web Driver" selected.

Install Guide (without) a Graphics Card [Intel HD Graphics]
IMPORTANT: Remove ALL Stick(s) of RAM except for ONE stick
OPTIONAL: Unplug all HDDs and SSDs except for one you're going to install OS X on
Bootflags: -x -v

Install MultiBeast with these options:
Quick Start > DSDT Free
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC1150
Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
Drivers > Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.10.x TRIM Patch (SSD ONLY)
Drivers > Graphics > Intel Graphics Patch for Mixed Configurations
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.14.1364
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.14.1364 Plugins
Drivers > Misc > USB 3.0 - Universal
Drivers > Network > Intel > AppleIntelE1000e v3.0.4.1a
Bootloaders > Chimera v4.0.1
Customize > Boot Options > 1080p Display Mode
Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options
Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode - Desktop
Customize > Boot Options > Kext Dev Mode
Customize > Boot Options > Verbose Boot

Hit Install and watch the magic happen!

Hey im new around, got the same MB, but my CPU is the Intel corei7 4790 3.60GHz and im using the Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce 750ti 2GB DDR5, What should i do in my case? what diivers should i use? Should i install with or without the GeForce Plug to the MB?

Hey im new around, got the same MB, but my CPU is the Intel corei7 4790 3.60GHz and im using the Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce 750ti 2GB DDR5, What should i do in my case? what diivers should i use? Should i install with or without the GeForce Plug to the MB?
See the GTX 750 Ti Guide link in my signature block.

what do "-no -zp" flags do ?

Thanks

what do "-no -zp" flags do ?

Thanks
The flag is "-no-zp" (no space) means Zone poisoning disabled and will "get around" the "deadbeef" memory allocation error / kernel panic. (Very top level explanation.)

You may also have to use the "maxmem=4096" or 8192 (for system memory > 8GB).

See the GTX 750 Ti Guide link in my signature block.

Thank you for your fast answer, your guide its for users who are using Chameleon or Unibeast right? If i want to you Clover following this guide:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html

Just from Step 2.13 to Step 3, What should i do next? it doesnt recognice my HD 4600 Graphics, im just using 1 DDR3 8GB 1600, and i unplugged the NVidia Card.

Where can i get the kexts that you are mentionating on ur post ?

Thank you for your fast answer, your guide its for users who are using Chameleon or Unibeast right? If i want to you Clover following this guide:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html

Just from Step 2.13 to Step 3, What should i do next? it doesnt recognice my HD 4600 Graphics, im just using 1 DDR3 8GB 1600, and i unplugged the NVidia Card.

Where can i get the kexts that you are mentionating on ur post ?
Can't help since I don't use Clover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back