Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Yosemite On Fatal1ty AsRock x99x Killer, GTX 980, i7-5820k And Update to 10.10.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
did you overclock this cpu?

[SUB]Did you update to 10.10.4 already? Any issues? :)[/SUB]

[SUB]Did you update to 10.10.4 already? Any issues? :)[/SUB]
No I didnt update as its a long process to go through. Howerver, I will update as soon as possible

I updated yesterday, works fine so far (have the feeling even more stable then before) :)

Kernel patch needs to be reapplied and you need to install the newest nvidia driver (needed to swap graphics card for that again).

I updated yesterday, works fine so far (have the feeling even more stable then before) :)

Kernel patch needs to be reapplied and you need to install the newest nvidia driver (needed to swap graphics card for that again).
Good to hear.

well yah you kinda have to do that every update lol

I have a similar board (Fatal1ty x99m) and have been trying to install per your thread. Thank you for putting together such a thorough guide. Unfortunately, I have had ZERO success. I can't get into the initial Yosemite installer via Unibeast, it always locks up after listing the ethernet controllers. My attempts are documented on this thread:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-support/169964-asrock-x99m-install-issues.html

Here is my hardware:

CPU: Intel Core i7 5820k
Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER/3.1
Ram: Crucial Ballistix 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4 2400
GFX: Nvidia GTX 460 (will upgrade to 960 after installation)

I've tried troubleshooting many, many things, and I think it's possible there's an issue with my bios settings. What settings have you used in your Fatal1ty board? I've always loaded defaults, then made sure Secure Boot and VT are disabled, and left CSM on (though I've tried CSM both ways).

If you have any advice, I'd very much appreciate it. Thank you.

I have a similar board (Fatal1ty x99m) and have been trying to install per your thread. Thank you for putting together such a thorough guide. Unfortunately, I have had ZERO success. I can't get into the initial Yosemite installer via Unibeast, it always locks up after listing the ethernet controllers. My attempts are documented on this thread:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-support/169964-asrock-x99m-install-issues.html

Here is my hardware:

CPU: Intel Core i7 5820k
Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER/3.1
Ram: Crucial Ballistix 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4 2400
GFX: Nvidia GTX 460 (will upgrade to 960 after installation)

I've tried troubleshooting many, many things, and I think it's possible there's an issue with my bios settings. What settings have you used in your Fatal1ty board? I've always loaded defaults, then made sure Secure Boot and VT are disabled, and left CSM on (though I've tried CSM both ways).

If you have any advice, I'd very much appreciate it. Thank you.
Sorry for the late post, its been a while since the last time I was on here.. I used the default setting, I only changed the VT to disabled and it worked well for me.. However, that was on 10.10.2-3 havent upgraded to 10.10.4-5 yet.
To be safe unhook every usb cable/Ethernet connected to your motherboard and try starting it up as sometimes they can interfere with the process. Fill me in with what have changed since August so I can try and help you more.

Hello,

I tried this guide with Sierra but stuck before install in clover.

I have nearly same Setup but with gtx960 and 32gb ram. For install I am using a HD5750 from ATI.

There is kernel on usb that I can use the following line in terminal. I think the newest Unibeast does not creat a kernel on the usb?? Is that line important for install?
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3C|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3F|g' /Volumes/USB/System/Library/Kernels/kernel

Thank you

Hello,

I tried this guide with Sierra but stuck before install in clover.

I have nearly same Setup but with gtx960 and 32gb ram. For install I am using a HD5750 from ATI.

There is kernel on usb that I can use the following line in terminal. I think the newest Unibeast does not creat a kernel on the usb?? Is that line important for install?
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3C|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3F|g' /Volumes/USB/System/Library/Kernels/kernel

Thank you
Use UniBeast to create your USB for Sierra. It is much easier/simpler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back