Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Yosemite on Asus P7P55D-E LX, i5-760, GTX650

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks mate, my sleep works now and usb3 also worked somehow (probably with new 7.0.1 multybeast).

But found another problem. I was playing with hand off call of my iphone with face time on hack computer and notice that sound is distorted when having a phone call.

On my side the sound is pitched up and the other side hear my voice as piched down ( like from scary movie :).

Any one got this and resolve it somehow? Problem is only on this hackintosh build, tried hand off on macbook pro and its normal voice there. Didnt tried this on any other hackintosh though.

best
d.

I have the same problem on my 2012 Mac Mini so it isn't a hackintosh only issue. There are many reports of multiple issues with this feature. There are also a lot of suggested fixes but none have worked for me. It seems most are thinking it is related to something changing a users network settings. It worked fine for me for about a day or two and then changed to the distorted sound. I have also tried a clean install of Yosemite and still no joy. It has been suggested to make sure you are signed in to both devices with the same icloud account and use only a wifi connection but that did nothing for me either. I think most of the suggested fixes are for those that are having a complete failure of the feature not just distorted sound though. If I come of with anything I will post back but it is very frustrating as this might be the feature I like the most.

I have Asus P7P55D-E PRO

Intel Core i7 870 2.93GHz box
Asus P7P55D-E PRO
Nvidia GT 220

I've tried a lot of guides, all fail when the video is initialized => black screen, monitor off :(

Tried -x graphicsenabler=yes/no

No change, same problem :(

I've tried a lot of guides, all fail when the video is initialized => black screen, monitor off :(

are the monitor connected with the VGA port?
Mac OS X supports only digital ports.

if still not working, try another graphiccard
i dont know if the chip supported by yosemite

Fixed, Yosemite works great now.

it seems that GraphicsEnabler=Yes is Case sensitive...

Greetings!

I've got an old ASUS P7P55D Pro (no -E) and I still can't get audio working on Yosemite!

After trying many approaches, following these instructions at least got me an audible hiss controllable by volume, but no actual audio.

I've got everything else working on a fresh wipe and install (twice) but this is the only nagging issue. Please help if you can!

ASUS P7P55D Pro (non-E) has VIA VT1828S sound chip.
Use Kext Utility to install the attached kext.

It's working for me, on Yosemite.

After install, restart, System Preferences - Sound - Output (select your output)

Attachments

• VoodooHDA VT1708S.kext.zip
    77.7 KB · Views: 175
  • output.jpg
    output.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 190
Thanks for this excellent guide! :) I successfully installed Yosemite 10.10.2 on my P7P55D-E LX (BIOS 1701). Here are some additional steps I did to allow my GTX 750 to work:

I had to install the latest Nvidia Web Driver, which requires 10.10.2. So after installing Yosemite, I installed the 10.10.2 Combo Update. However, the Nvidia Web Driver reported that I have to update to 10.10.2, which I already did. One of the guides instructed to change OS X version in the file /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartup.kext/Contents/Info.plist but I could not find the parameter there. Instead, I edited /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist to change the version to 14C1514. Then the driver installation could proceed. After installation, the video drivers were successfully loaded on the next reboot. :) And after that, I could boot without the boot flags: nv_disable=1 GraphicsEnabler=No nvda_drv=0.

I have one small problem though. My PS/2 keyboard does not work. I installed the Voodoo PS/2 drivers from MultiBeast 7.2.0 but after installation, the system reported that the drivers was not supported. :( Any ideas how to get PS/2 to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back