Graphics
Asus 970 Strix
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi! After using this build for few days, i can say that (as far as I can check) everything is working fine :)
Specs:
Asrock z97 Extreme 4
Intel 4790k
Asus GTX 970 Strix
Crucial M500 SSD 120GB
Crucial Ballistix 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz CL Unbuffered
Be Quiet! Pure Power L8 CM 530W
TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 (wifi working out of box :) )

Installation:
I made normal Yosemite bootable USB using Unibeast. In BIOS i just had to turn off VT-d and set AHCI mode for drives. Before I started i had other SSD for Windows (already installed) and HHD for data - i disconnected both of them, and also i unpluged GPU from motherboard (and power supply ofc). I had display connected by DP, but i dont think that matter. Installation normal, i didnt have to make any changes or anything. After booting i had to use this tutorial http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/65706-boot0-error-official-guide.html . Multibeast settings was DSDT free BUT i had to disable 3rd Party SATA and set it to Intel generic AHCI Sata. I also used ALC 1150 codec for audio. I couldnt install graphics drivers on 10.10.2 so i updated from App Store to 10.10.3, and then installed audio drivers again and Nvidia WEB Driver. I swiched OSX Default graphics driver to Nvidia WEB driver, powerd off the computer (ALWAYS do it with Apple logo -> Shut down, dont reset by button!), then plugged in GTX 970, powerd on, then installed CUDA driver. Now (again, as far as i can say) everything works really nice :)

PS Sorry for my not-so-great english :p

Hi krzyssp,

I have a similar build as you and I need a good tutorial.

Is there a possibility you could help me? f.e. via chat/email?

thank you!

br,
Noxxo

Is there a possibility you could help me? f.e. via chat/email?
Rules said:
Members may not solicit nor provide assistance via private communications. This forum was created to provide help by posting questions and getting answers. By not publicly discussing you are depriving others of solutions to problems they may encounter

Im sorry for that :)

So, I would really appreciate for a detailed tutorial because I am new on this and just have a little clue of these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back