Graphics
Gigabyte G1 GTX 970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
After spending all night with my rig, I have managed to make it works with my gears. Here is the guide:
1- Installation
- Go to your mobo BIOS setup. Disable Vt-D in OC->CPU features
- Make EFI Yosemite installer usb with Clover_v2k_r2795 (follow this guide). I tried the latest version but It keep restart or stuck at white screen so r2795's version is good to go for me. Remember to tick Install Clover in the ESP or it won't boot. And choose config.plist-Standard file in the guide.
- Boot the Yosemite install with boot flag: dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1 nv_disable=1
- It should boot to installation screen although It take serveral minutes at white screen before getting to installation screen.
- Follow the guide to complete the installation with crappy graphics.

2 - Post-installation
- Install Nvidia's web driver. When restart/boot in next time, remember to change your boot flag to dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x2000 nada_drv=1 to get fully graphics support.
- Install ethernet driver with Multibeast (Yosemite version) (Google for it).

8R5sSHs.png

- For sound, use the kext installer to install (just drag the kext file to the Kext Unity windows, when its done then restart) the kext that I attached in zip file.

Thats all :D

View attachment VoodooHDA.kext.zip

I install on same main board but VGA onboard,
can you tel me how to patch vga, it show only 3MB vRam
thanks

I install on same main board but VGA onboard,
can you tel me how to patch vga, it show only 3MB vRam
thanks
Do you mean you are using on-board graphics? If so, don't use the VGA connection as Apple hasn't natively supported the VGA port connection for a long time.

Hi, does sleep works on your motherboard? Thank you and have a nice day.

Hi,your thread saved me. My setup crashed and I couldn't get it running. One question: did You have any prblems with shutdown? My rig reboots instead of shutting down. I tried a multitude of hints I googled with no luck. Can you describe the BIOS setting change in more detail? It would be much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back