Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
This was my first time ever trying a hackintosh and I seemed to get things up and running without too many problems. The relevant spec for the machine:

• Asus P8Z68-V Pro
  • i5-2500K
  • XFX Radeon 6870
  • 8GB Corsair Ram
  • 1TB Samsung Drive
  • 8GB Sandisk Cruzer for installation

The steps for the install were as follows:
  1. Prepare a USB stick using clover. There is a guide here. I replaced /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist with the attached config.plist (note that you can probably remove the following text from it if you're not using ATI graphics):

Code:
        <key>Graphics</key>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
          <key>ATI</key>
          <true/>
        </dict>
  2. Unizip and flash the following BIOS: P8Z68-V-PRO-ASUS-3603_modified.zip
  3. Use these settings in the BIOS (taken from an old ML guide by Middleman on the site):

Intel Speedstep Disabled
    Intel Virtualisation Disabled
    Limit CPUID Disabled
    AHCI On
    2nd Marvell Controller Off
    Bluetooth Disabled
    Asmedia USB 3.0 Disabled
    Intel LAN Disabled
    High Precision Event Timer On
    EFI BIOS Priority
  4. Boot to the USB stick and in Clover choose to install Yosemite
  5. Installed to a blank hard drive (used Disk Utility during install to format)
  6. Once installation has finished, reboot machine and again boot to the USB stick containing Clover. This time pick the second option which should be to run Yosemite
  7. Once in Yosemite, install then run the latest Multibeast (I think it was at Yosemite 7.0.0 when I installed)
  8. Go to quick start -> and click on DSDT free so that option lights up blue. That gives you a decent start. For the rest of the drivers etc., I had this:

Screen Shot 2014-10-18 at 17.58.29.png
  9. Reboot. You should now be able to boot directly from the drive you installed Yosemite onto so do that.
  10. Once rebooted into Yosemite, reboot again. Now you can enable Intel Speedstep, Intel Virtualization, Bluetooth, Asmedia USB 3.0 and Intel LAN again in the BIOS. Save bios and reboot back into Yosemite
  11. Now at this point, just about everything was working for me except USB 3.0 and the ALC 892 audio would stop working after waking the computer from sleep. Continue to fix those problems.
  12. To fix the audio sleep bug, download Multibeast 6.1. Tick Drivers -> Realtek ALCxxx -> Without DSDT -> ALC892. Ticking that should also automatically add HDAEnabler to the list. Install those two.
  13. (Thanks to P1LGRIM for this). Go to /System/Library/Extensions and remove GenericUSBXHCI.kext. Download Rehabman's USB kext from here. Extract and copy the GenericUSBXHCI.kext file from it to your desktop. Now download KextBeast and run it, press Continue then when it has finished, reboot.

For me, that has audio working, sleep, restart, shutdown, USB 3.0, graphics, App Store etc. I haven't tried iMessage or FaceTime.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    524 bytes · Views: 1,191
hi!

good to know that your setup is yosemite ready :) i got the same mobo and also planning to install yosemite when all programs are definitely working under yosemite.

if you wanna get the usb 3 working try to install the usb3 kext from Multibeast 5.2.1, worked for me since mountain lion.

greetz

thanks ! I have mostly the same setup. I'll try your guide soon and I'll post results here.

hey, did you done all the steps from the Clover guide you link?
20-21-22...etc and the post installation section (Custom Install: UEFI-Capable Systems)

I am getting stucked when booting de usb for first time...
Sometimes with 'still searchig root device" and sometimes crashing with some gitch on consolone debug...

I tryed different usb ports, and differents sata ports too. What ports do you used?

Any idea? Thanks

Hi
Im getting the boot0 error, tried the fix with the terminal as said in other post but doesn't help. any ideas ?:|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back