Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Yosemite 10.10.3 Gigabyte GA-X99-UD5 WiFi, i7 5820k, GTX 960

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there, as of now i have a retina macbook for editing, so wanna build a hack which will be my primary computer. Mainly for video editing, photoshop and other content creation. So i am really aiming for a pretty powerful machine.
1. I want Gigabyte's X99 motherboard but there are still problems with its configuration.
2. For cpu should i go for i7-5th or 6th get or the XEON?
3. Still contemplating over the GPU as i am still not confident about the X99.
4. RAM around 16-32 gb.
5. 4k display.
6. And should i go for those fancy liquid coolers?

SO the hault is mainly because of the motherboard, cause i don't want to settle for the iMessage or the audio not working. This will be my first ever computer build so i have no idea how to go on about this. Need a 100% stable workstation. HELP needed guys!

Has anyone figured a way to make the onboard wifi work?

Ah, excellent post mate! I'll look into it, looks very interesting.

Just out of curiosity, this is not something that can be done through dsdt patching or something? I might be talking total crap here, not even sure what those are supposed to do.

Any luck on an El Capitan upgrade with this setup?

Does thunderbolt work on this without issues? If not, is there a fix to get it to work?

I'm considering a similar built with GTX 980 ti instead of the 960 you used. But if thunderbolt doesn't work, I'd rather go with the UD4 instead. So plz lemme know.

Thank you.

hi all, happy new year,
I would like to ask if someone using the GC-Thunderbolt 2-extention-board with the X-99?

just curious if it would work.

thx

danny

@GDIBass

You said that you "pretty much followed the guide exactly" for OCing, did you do anything differently than in the video? I followed it exactly and did not have successful results.

p.s. I noticed you mentioned plugins and au's, I assume you're into music production?

Thanks so much for the tutorial and videos!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back