Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Yosemite 10.10.1 / GA-Z97MX-GAMING 5 / Intel I5-4690K / Integrated HD4600, Runs Flawless!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ Jesso
This board does not come with bluetooth or wifi.

@Hightide25
Boot using -v and let us know what boot errors you are getting.

Question for you all? I set up a second monitor using DVI-D and everything works great unless I turn off my computer. When I turn it back on it goes into a boot loop. As soon as I unplug the DVI Cable it boots just fine. Any advice?

Update: Sound does not work after sleep. If anyone has a fix that would be very helpful. Thanks.

Inside System Preferences > Sound > Output:
I had "Internal Speakers" selected as the default. I changed to the second "Line Out" option and moved the speaker connection to the port marked "rear" coming out of the motherboard. This port works after waking from sleep. However, the sound is lower so it's not ideal but it works for now.

@ Kaustic

Thanks for sharing! I just updated my guide to include a sound app that should make your sound work 100%. It's under step 8.

Hello Brenmcrae,
I have the same config as you (except a GTX 650ti graphics i want to add) and I try to follow you help but i can't find something.
In your steps 2 and 5, you talk about macdaddy's guide, but where have you found this guide ?

Hey there,I'm considering building a machine with just the hd4600 graphics to start off with as well and this might sound fairly unintelligent but did you have to do anything special to get that to work? If not then that's great! If so could you give me an idea of what you had to do or point me in the direction of a thread that can explain it to me? This is my first time and I'm knowledgeable about computers but not quite on the level of most people on this site just yet.
Let me know!

Hey there,I'm considering building a machine with just the hd4600 graphics to start off with as well and this might sound fairly unintelligent but did you have to do anything special to get that to work? If not then that's great! If so could you give me an idea of what you had to do or point me in the direction of a thread that can explain it to me? This is my first time and I'm knowledgeable about computers but not quite on the level of most people on this site just yet.
Let me know!
Did you read brenmcrae's original post in this thread? It's all there. :thumbup:

im just logged in to say THANK u guys >

brenmcrae
spballer
Stork
shanike

just finished my build :

z97mx gaming 5
i7 4790k
gtx 680
tp link wdn4800
samsung 840 evo
12GB corsair ram

keep up the good work luv u guys ,peace !!!

I have a very similar build and just wanted to log in and thanks for the thread as it helped a bunch.
I'm curious what everyone in this thread is doing regarding the iMessage deal. I'm getting the hint that clover is the best bet as a boot loader to get this enabled???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back