Contribute
Register

[Success] Xeon x5460 775 High Sierra 10.13.5 (Legacy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS H81MCSBR
CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
GTX1050
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello, after a lot of troubleshooting i finally booted the system in HS 10.13.5 using legacy Clover.

[ WHAT IS WORKING? ]

CPU: ok
Audio: ok
Ethernet: ok
Nvidia GTX 750ti: ok
USB: ok
Appstore: ok

[ HARDWARE ]
CPU: Xeon X5460 3.16ghz (771 modded to 775) - OC: 3.84ghz
Motherboard: Asus P5P43TD
Chipset: Intel® P43 / Intel ICH10
Audio: ALC887
Ethernet: Atheros L1E Gb LAN
RAM: 8GB
SSD: Corsair Force 3 120gb
GFX: Zotac Nvidia 750ti

* Note 1: The motherboard does not have usb3.0 ports

[ BIOS ]

Press delete to open bios:
- Main tab:
Storage configuration
Configure SATA as: [AHCI]
- Advanced tab:
JMB368 IDE: [Disable]
On board PCIE GbE Lan: [Enable]
- Tools tab
Express Gate: [Disable]​

[ INSTALLATION ]
- Create the usb stick with Unibeast 8.3.2.
- Bootflags to reach the installer: -v memmax=8192 dart=0 npci=0x3000 nv_disable=1
- I use another computer to edit config.plist and fix the AppleAHCIPort.kext using the tycho55 reply here in this thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...nize-internal-hdds.232894/page-4#post-1620857

* Note 2: To reach the installer without any problems set the usb stick to boot first in mobo Bios, do not use F8 to select boot drive, i don't know why but this gave a hell of headache and after a lot of reading I followed the advice of someone here from the forum but I don't remember the name of this wise person.

* Note 3: The usb 2.0 ports available take forever to boot, I suspect they are working in 1.0. I had to wait patiently and took like 5 minutes to reach installer plus 30 or 40 min to complete the installation and required 2 or 3 reboots using the usb stick.

[ POST INSTALLATION ]
After the first boot i run the Multibeast and checked the following options:
- Quick start: Legacy Boot Mode
- Audio: 887/888b Legacy​

And:
- Installed the latest compatible Nvidia Web Drivers 387.10.10.10.35.106
- Use the clover configurator, and used the same boot flags in config.plist and removed the nv_disable=1.
• Bootflags: -v memmax=8192 dart=0 npci=0x3000​
- Use the clover configurator to add the AppleAHCIPort.kext fix mentioned earlier.
- Network: I use the Kextbeast to install a ancient kext used for Snow Leopard from https://code.google.com/archive/p/iats/downloads
Made this just for fun and any help to improve the guide will be welcome.

I attached the clover folder and a few screenshots.

That's it.

Attachments

• atm.png
    atm.png
    113.8 KB · Views: 1,605
  • audio_887.png
    audio_887.png
    206.1 KB · Views: 1,513
  • cinebench_score_oc.png
    cinebench_score_oc.png
    84.6 KB · Views: 1,483
  • cinebench_score_stock.png
    cinebench_score_stock.png
    85 KB · Views: 1,304
  • ich10.png
    ich10.png
    205.3 KB · Views: 1,233
  • nvidia_750ti.png
    nvidia_750ti.png
    150.2 KB · Views: 1,198
  • clover_v1.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 975
  • ethernet.png
    ethernet.png
    74.2 KB · Views: 1,261
Last edited:
I am trying on a P5P43T mobo. It gets to the INSTALL stage but DISK UTILITY cannot recognise the attached SATA hdd. Any help u may suggest, please. Many thanks in advance.

It gets to the INSTALL stage but DISK UTILITY cannot recognise the attached SATA hdd.
For UEFI Boot:
Make sure you have apfs.efi or ApfsDriverLoader.efi in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/
For Legacy Boot:
Make sure you have apfs.efi or ApfsDriverLoader.efi in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64/

Certain SATA controllers have issues with AppleAHCIPort v329 (eg ICH10, 5 series, 7 series, ASMedia 1061)
Disks may fail to initialize, not readable or hot plug may fail.
See [Solved] Problem: HDD not supported and add new ICH patch to your config.plist

There is a bug in High Sierra where it can't see uninitialised drives.
Go into the Disk Utility, press View > Show All Devices, then quit the program and relaunch it - following this process, you should see the disk.

If for some reason this doesn’t work then you may have to work out the 'diskutil' Terminal command.
To format the disk in Terminal:
diskutil partitionDisk Disk-Device GPT JHFS+ VOLUME-NAME R

Replace Disk-Device with the device name of the unformatted disk, i.e. /dev/disk0 (if you only have 1 disk it will be this)
Replace VOLUME-NAME with the volume name you want.

I cant install high sierra on my dual xeon intel server. do you have any advice for my hardware?
is a intel server sr1600urr with 32 g ram and a nvidia quadro K4000
Best!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back