Contribute
Register

Success: X79 UD5 + 10.13 High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Ryan Thomas You EFI was a god send, thank you so much!

have you gotten the audio working on the UP4? I am struggling with that. As well as how to get all the USBs working. Some are not, the two internal (F_USB2 and F_USB3) are not working. Any thoughts?

thanks!

Have not been here in a while as everything is working, used this script for the audio, not sure if I am supposed to upload this but it is RehadMan and a few others, only issue is if you have tinkered with your audio kext before it sometimes does not work, you must run it after every system update.

Also attached is my fully working EFI (Clover 4428) using with High Sierra 10.13.5, 6 core, so if you have a 4 core you have to change the voodooTSCSync kext,

updated to the latest clover and all good, There was a dsdt file that i got from someone here that did the trick with high sierra.
can't remember who.... Sorry! :oops:

Attachments

• audio_cloverALC-130.command.zip
    10.1 KB · Views: 197
  • EFI.zip
    33.2 MB · Views: 412
Last edited:
thanks @Ryan Thomas for you response, as is usually the case after I posted this, I did find a thread that had a solution (and it was the RehabMan solution). Everything was fine until the craziest thing happened to me, after any startup the RAM usage just skyrocketed, 90-95% with no applications running at all. I have no idea where to post this and didn't find any threads that explained this strange thing. Within 20 sec of booting in the OSX the computer was completely unusable because it was so slow.

I have since formatted and reinstalled, hoping that would solve it. I'm just so confused b/c everything was working fine.

thanks for you help. :)

hi after a while i got 10.13.5 going on a x79-up4 with a 4930k and a 1080ti +5k "tho u need to turn the monitor on and off at the start to get it to pick it up" after trying others efi that didn't work for me by using a combo of GuitarGuy77's efi and DrDrumm's 10.13 Better Boot.zip to get the boot loader going. enclosed is my copy of the combo of the 2 working for me. i had to remove the preset ram setting in clover that was set and did not show my 32gb correctly and there is a GA-x79-ud3 DSDT thing showing in my PCI devices classing it as a security controller ?????????????? @GuitarGuy77 or @DrDrumm any idea whats that's about and or how to remove it if its not needed thanks for all your help on the forum

Attachments

• hs.jpg
    hs.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 315
  • clover ram.png
    clover ram.png
    371.1 KB · Views: 392
  • 5k.png
    5k.png
    34.4 KB · Views: 344
  • system.jpg
    system.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 288
  • working efi.zip
    22.9 MB · Views: 175
I used the EFI Folder of Ryan Thomas, too, and i managed to start the installer. But then, nearly at the end of the Installation of High Sierra 10.13.5 i end up with an instant reboot :/ Any Ideas?

Update: Seems like i need to restart over and over and over again. I have now installed High Sierra successfully. But feels weird.

Last edited:
Dear Guitar Guy ,
I have the same X79UD5 motherboard F12 BIOS and 3930K processor , but the system does not boot (Shows Reboot and Select Proper Boot media) from Clover USB or SSD . The same USB , I have used for installing 10.13.4 on a Z77 ,Z97 and Z270 and Z370 . The 79 UD5 does not even seem to recognise the Clover USB or SSD as boot device ... HELP !!! Did you not face this issue ? HELP again !!!
I created a Legacy USB with Unibeast ... now it boots from the USB ... but does not after Legacy install on the SSD .... help !!!!

Last edited:
Dear Guitar Guy ,
I have the same X79UD5 motherboard F12 BIOS and 3930K processor , but the system does not boot (Shows Reboot and Select Proper Boot media) from Clover USB or SSD . The same USB , I have used for installing 10.13.4 on a Z77 ,Z97 and Z270 and Z370 . The 79 UD5 does not even seem to recognise the Clover USB or SSD as boot device ... HELP !!! Did you not face this issue ? HELP again !!!
I created a Legacy USB with Unibeast ... now it boots from the USB ... but does not after Legacy install on the SSD .... help !!!!

hey KS1771, do you have High Sierra installed on your rig:
2013 X79 BUILD 2GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI | i7 3930K | GeForce GT 640

and can you share your efi folder if so? I have the same setup except for GTX 980

Dear Guitar Guy ,
Same problem!
My solution to boot on the USB key:
-boot with your Sierra SSD (WITHOUT any USB key inserted)
-press F12
-when the BIOS menu prompt: insert your USB key (USB2 port)
-in the BIOS menu, launch your UEFI Sierra partition
-the Clover menu start and choose the USB to install HSierra

I try to install High Sierra right now, and i'm stuck, the USB installer failed with Guitar Guy's EFI.
I'll try with Ryan Thomas' EFI folder... pray for me :)

I was finally able to get my system up and running, so here is my efi folder

Attachments

• EFI and Kexts Gigabyte GA-X79S.zip
    21.7 MB · Views: 226
I was finally able to get my system up and running, so here is my efi folder
Thank You, Man. I have the same MOBO you do, but my processor is a XEON 2987W and my video card is GTX 980 Ti. I will try your EFI and KEXTS, because I was never able to run High Sierra here, but Sierra runs very well.

Well, I have tried your both your EFI and KEXTS and still no luck.
Could you upload your EFI as it is, the same way you run it in your system?
I still have a crash when I try to run.
Is there a way I could contact you, maybe on skype or facebook???

Last edited:
Have not been here in a while as everything is working, used this script for the audio, not sure if I am supposed to upload this but it is RehadMan and a few others, only issue is if you have tinkered with your audio kext before it sometimes does not work, you must run it after every system update.

Also attached is my fully working EFI (Clover 4428) using with High Sierra 10.13.5, 6 core, so if you have a 4 core you have to change the voodooTSCSync kext,

updated to the latest clover and all good, There was a dsdt file that i got from someone here that did the trick with high sierra.
can't remember who.... Sorry! :oops:
Sorry for my Englishi.
I notice that you have just changed your video card from GTX760 to RX580. I just have the same card with x79 ud3 and am stuggling at booting to blackscreen . Could you please share the mothed to make rx580 working or your EFI files?
Best regards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back