Contribute
Register

Success: X79 UD5 + 10.13 High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanx a lot for your reply, wabgalaxy

Right now my mackintosh mount 48 gb ram, four HDD and 3 SSD

to reach the installer ;
mount the efi partition on your USB installer drive , and replace the EFI folder with the one from GuitarGuy77 , or DrDrumm
this should make you reach the installer. Not sure about the Graphics though
I used Multibeast after the install and it did not work, I am working on a fix....

Hi All,

After some time and allot of help from others (PikerAlpha,Stork,Dr. Drumm,tofisi,Thanos, profmartinmarsian,TonyMac,MacMan, and all those I can't recall).

Below you will find the quick and dirty steps to get macOS 10.13 to boot on X79 UD5 Mainboard.

1- Make sure you have latest clover configurator 4.44.0 (mine is booting from SMBIOS MacPro6,1 profile), and Clover 4097

2- Create a macOS High Sierra Public Beta Installation USB by following the Tony Mac guide)

How to Create a macOS High Sierra Public Beta Installation USB

3- Download, and use the EFI Folder Attached below:

4- Below are the clover setting screenshots in case users have 3rd party devices not listed in my profile.

Will refine this down the line. Please note at this time Nvidia web drivers are not working. Looking for a solution for those that need it.

View attachment 264810 View attachment 264811
View attachment 264810 View attachment 264811 View attachment 264812 View attachment 264813 View attachment 264814 View attachment 264815 View attachment 264816 View attachment 264817 View attachment 264818

hey bro I used your efi folder. and configure config.plist to my motherboard. but I can't boot to the installer
thanks for your help

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    320.5 KB · Views: 316
  • EFI.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 151
I got it working with SMBIOS iMac 14.2. Nvidia works with QE/CI. I got no audio even after the -alcbeta and -lilubetaall

hey bro I used your efi folder. and configure config.plist to my motherboard. but I can't boot to the installer
thanks for your help

I had the same issue with the same CPU as you. Setting it to only use 6 cores in the BIOS allowed me to boot, however I've got loads of other issues to solve (USB input keeps freezing is the main one) before I try getting all 8 cores to work. Did you ever get High Sierra running OK on your machine?

@mikeysteele, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

I had the same issue with the same CPU as you. Setting it to only use 6 cores in the BIOS allowed me to boot, however I've got loads of other issues to solve (USB input keeps freezing is the main one) before I try getting all 8 cores to work. Did you ever get High Sierra running OK on your machine?

I Never get it into High Sierra if using xeon e5 26700. But When i Replaced with i7 3820, it's work oob. But I Already Sold it all (Mobo,Processor.RAM).

@Ryan Thomas You EFI was a god send, thank you so much!

have you gotten the audio working on the UP4? I am struggling with that. As well as how to get all the USBs working. Some are not, the two internal (F_USB2 and F_USB3) are not working. Any thoughts?

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back