Contribute
Register

Success: X79 UD5 + 10.13 High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings Phathak

Sorry for the delay on reply.

I used standard Tony Mac settings for this X79UD5 (thanks Tony Mac!).

For X79 MainBoard I used below settings:

1- Set XHCI Handoff to Enabled
2- Set PCI ROM setting to 'legacy' For my (Nvidia 970 I had to do this).
3- Disable USB 3.0
4. If your CPU supports VT-d, disable it
5. Save and exit.

(Optional) Set X.M.P. Memory Profile to Profile1

If you are are using latest Nvidia card then update PCI ROM setting to use 'legacy'. For my (Nvidia 970 I had to do this). For my Nvidia 560 I did not need to change this setting.

Other than that I followed Tony Mac BIOS recommendations. There are a few post here about BIOS settings for gigabyte mainboards (Copy pasted a couple below).

Message me if you get stuck.

1. To access BIOS/UEFI Setup, press and hold Delete on a USB Keyboard while the system is booting up
2. Set to Optimized Defaults.
3. (Optional) Set X.M.P. Memory Profile to Profile1
4. If your CPU supports VT-d, disable it
5. Save and exit.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/recommended-bios-uefi-settings-for-beginners.130920/

Also here:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...upported-intel-based-pc.200564/#uefi_settings

Recommended BIOS Settings
If you're installing on a recommended CustoMac desktop with AMI UEFI BIOS, the options are simple. For other systems make sure to set your BIOS to Optimized Defaults, and your hard drive to AHCI mode. Here are standard AMI UEFI BIOS settings for Gigabyte AMI UEFI BIOS, Gigabyte AWARD BIOS, ASUS AMI UEFI BIOS, and MSI AMI UEFI BIOS.

1. To access BIOS/UEFI Setup, press and hold Delete on a USB Keyboard while the system is booting up
2. Load Optimized Defaults
3. If your CPU supports VT-d, disable it
4. If your system has CFG-Lock, disable it
5. If your system has Secure Boot Mode, disable it
6. Set OS Type to Other OS
7. If your system has IO SerialPort, disable it
8. Set XHCI Handoff to Enabled
9. If you have a 6 series or x58 system with AWARD BIOS, disable USB 3.0
10. Save and exit.

I was failed to install High sierra on my X79 desktop, and It showed kernel panic which was caused by APPLEACPI.
Maybe, I should wait the high sierra office vesion.

Attachments

• IMG_0074.PNG
    IMG_0074.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 424
I was failed to install High Sierra on my X79 desktop, and It showed kernel panic which was caused by APPLEACPI.
Maybe, I should wait the high sierra office vesion.

Haven't tried the latest versions as the working build I had was hosed on the update. Did you try the folder with the adjusted mats?

Haven't tried the latest versions as the working build I had was hosed on the update. Did you try the folder with the adjusted mats?
Yes,I have tried the latest versions, but it does not work.

Thanks for your help! I found that the panic was caused by NVME driver. I have added NVME module into the motherboard BIOS. Would you please help me to fix the problem?
3D76D495-B144-46D4-85A1-5ED070CF6562.png

I tried to remove the NVME SSD,then I could install high sierra on my platform.

Hi! Anyone had any sort of problems regarding GTX970 and High Sierra?
As far as I know, there are a quite amount of people complaining that they get a Black Screen once they boot and some of them can boot using safe mode and others can´t do anything with it...
And since i´m here, I want to ask you: at this moment, what´s the best SMBIOS configuration that supports High Sierra ?

Regards,

Greetings ticaipod

GTX 970 should work with latest clover and NVIDIA web driver -look at the Post 2 on the main page:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...s-high-sierra-10-13-0-378-10-10-10-15.225522/

In regards to "what´s the best SMBIOS configuration that supports High Sierra "

Ah the Mac Pro 5,1 and 6.1 seem to work ok for this Mainboard.

In regards to x79 UD5 BIOS. you can use latest non beta on the Gigabyte website (F12 I think it is). Works fine for use with SATA or ACHI PCI-E drive (Samsung SM951 ACHI). Please note if you boot from PCIe NVME drive you will need to hack your BIOs to inject NVME support (crappy but works). I'm using Samsung 960 PRO NVME so I had to hack NVME support in. I recommend SM951 achi with Lycom a PCIe adapter to work best for this mainboard. That works best with stock BIOS).

Let me know if you have any other questions. If you get it working can you post your set by step and parts, and clover settings, please?

Waiting for MultiBeast to try this again on this board - had issues some betas worked and others not so much - was a PITA.

Greetings ticaipod

GTX 970 should work with latest clover and NVIDIA web driver -look at the Post 2 on the main page:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...s-high-sierra-10-13-0-378-10-10-10-15.225522/

In regards to "what´s the best SMBIOS configuration that supports High Sierra "

Ah the Mac Pro 5,1 and 6.1 seem to work ok for this Mainboard.

In regards to x79 UD5 BIOS. you can use latest non beta on the Gigabyte website (F12 I think it is). Works fine for use with SATA or ACHI PCI-E drive (Samsung SM951 ACHI). Please note if you boot from PCIe NVME drive you will need to hack your BIOs to inject NVME support (crappy but works). I'm using Samsung 960 PRO NVME so I had to hack NVME support in. I recommend SM951 achi with Lycom a PCIe adapter to work best for this mainboard. That works best with stock BIOS).

Let me know if you have any other questions. If you get it working can you post your set by step and parts, and clover settings, please?

Waiting for MultiBeast to try this again on this board - had issues some betas worked and others not so much - was a PITA.

Hi. Thanks for your answer. As soon I find some stable Wi-Fi / Bluetooth kexts to make my BCM4352 combo card, I will give High Sierra a try in my machine

Then, if I get somewhere with it, I will post a full post-installation on my Asus Z97-Pro (like the one I have with Sierra, available in my Profile)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back