Contribute
Register

Success: X58A-UD7 + High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 306491 CAN ANYONE ASSIT. Ive gotten through with other osx installs on my specs,but this one is different . im having a lot of issues with my unibeast. here is a pic of my troubles.
Try downloading and installing the latest Clover from Sourceforge. Also, make sure you create your UniBeast USB installer in Legacy Mode.

New update 10.13.3 all working fine just audio had to use the "audio_cloverALC-130_v0.3" command again.

Only strange thing my Firefox (58.0) icon in the dock doesn't look right....
Edit: Firefox 58.01 update and now icon is OK again.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-01-23 um 21.35.06.png

Last edited:
Mine is a GA X58A UD7 REV 2.0. My sata drives would not mount unless the Sunki Patch that I found in http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...management-modifications/page-83#entry2525612 was applied in my config.plist. Here is the patch:

Code:
<dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>fix IO error ICH10 for 10.13, credit SunKi</string>
                <key>MatchOS</key>
                <string>10.13.x</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleAHCIPort</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>RYX2D5XCiciD4P5mhcl4D4TSdQs=</data>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>iciD4P5mhckPmMFBCMyQkJCQdQs=</data>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>fix hotplug ICH10 for 10.13, credit SunKi</string>
                <key>MatchOS</key>
                <string>10.13.x</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleAHCIPort</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>icglQGACAD1AIAAAdQyB4b9///+Ji1EBAAA=</data>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>kJCQkJCQkJCQkJCQkJCQkJCQkJCQkJCQkJA=</data>
            </dict>

Last edited:
Just want to give an update on my recent upgrade from Yosemite to 10.13.5. It wasn't easy, installer crashed whatever I tried if I wanted to install fresh on an empty SSD. After days of fiddling I had to give up and install the OS from my MacBook Air on an internal disk which I've swapped into the Hack afterwards. Using that I got High Sierra working at least. I had tons of issues however, only half CPU speed, no clean shutdown, overwritten CMOS etc. Then I copied the DSDT.aml for my mainboard to the EFI clover partition and this started improving. All issues are solved. Maybe all of the initial issues had got to do with that.

I have an Apple Bluetooth PCI.e Card BCM94360CD and Apple peripherals like BT keyboard and touchpad, all working nicely, even in BIOS. 802.11an, no problem. Got the Wifi working under Windows using Bootcamp drivers. After years of not using this machine, it kind of became my new dream machine. Unbelievable what's still possible on such old hardware. https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/8641906

After days of frustration I finally found a way to install High Sierra from the USB.
Booting the USB, selecting Install icon at the new Clover screen, on reboot selecting the install icon for the HDD was getting me a white screen, then the eternal beach ball. One go-round looked as if was going to work but then a message popped up that part of the installer was missing or corrupt and HS could not be installed - reboot and try again. Did that and was back to white screen with beachball.
Finally thought to try something different. If the installation files are on the HDD after the first installation pass, why not go ahead, boot Sierra, install Clover to the ESP of the HighSierra drive, copy over the RTL8111 kext for my network NIC and the new FakeSMC.kext and replace Clover installer's config.plist with my Sierra one and then shutdown, disconnect all drives except the HS one and reboot?
Did this and it worked like a champ - 15 minutes later I am typing this from the new High Sierra Public Beta running on my sig build.

Going to try it again, this time installing Clover with FakeSMC, network and config.plist to the drive first, then run the first install with USB installer and at reboot remove the USB and let it boot from the HDD and see what happens. Will post results.
Have you tried 10.13.5 High Sierra ?
I hope to use this board , have you had any success on that Going Bald ?

Have you tried 10.13.5 High Sierra ?
I hope to use this board , have you had any success on that Going Bald ?
10.13.5 working fine. The system updated with no problems.
Screen Shot 2018-06-17 at 8.29.21 AM.png

I was running Sierra (10.12.6) perfectly on my GA-X58A-UD7 build (with Nvidia GTX 750 Ti), then tried to upgrade directly to High Sierra (10.13.6). It didn't work. Same with another installation (known to work in another platform) after reinstalling latest Clover in legacy mode and transferring config, DSDT etc from the old Sierra disk. Have tried other configurations and DSDT/SSDT/Kexts/Drivers combinations but each time I hang at boot time, after the "HID legacy shim 2" messages, with the text becoming garbled/unreadable and getting a "still waiting for root device" message and the dreaded block image. The same High Sierra disk boots fine on a true Macbook, so it shouldn't be about the installation but rather the Clover (USB ?) settings.

Any clues here ? Which files do you have in your Clover folders ?

Last edited:
I was running Sierra (10.12.6) perfectly on my GA-X58A-UD7 build (with Nvidia GTX 750 Ti), then tried to upgrade directly to High Sierra (10.13.6). It didn't work. Same with another installation (known to work in another platform) after reinstalling latest Clover in legacy mode and transferring config, DSDT etc from the old Sierra disk. Have tried other configurations and DSDT/SSDT/Kexts/Drivers combinations but each time I hang at boot time, after the "HID legacy shim 2" messages, with the text becoming garbled/unreadable and getting a "still waiting for root device" message and the dreaded block image. The same High Sierra disk boots fine on a true Macbook, so it shouldn't be about the installation but rather the Clover (USB ?) settings.

Any clues here ? Which files do you have in your Clover folders ?

Update:
After reinstalling Clover quite a few times and changing the SATA cables/ports to my SSD the booting problem has been resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back