Graphics
ASUS 650GTX
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
It took some tinkering but I finally have a nice, working El Capitan Hack. USB 3 is the only thing that does not work at the moment, but I think I have a lot of company in that boat. The installation process was really quite simple. I followed the El Capitan installation guide step-by-step and installed the Nvidia drivers as well even though my 650 is supposedly supported. I think not having the drivers installed was causing my Hack to reboot over and over again. I went with Mac Pro 3,1 for my configuration once I got Clover Configurator fired up. The modifications you can do are pretty amazing, it is pretty easy to make the Hack "auto boot" and bypass the Clover boot screen. I want to use USB 3 so I am going to get my hands on add-on card to save myself another headache.

One tip: save yourself some time by putting all the post-install files including the audio patch on a USB stick.

Update... USB 3... WORKING! I installed a couple of RehabMan's kexts and I now have fully functionally USB ports. WOOHOO!

Update... USB 3... WORKING! I installed a couple of RehabMan's kexts and I now have fully functionally USB ports. WOOHOO!

Hey - I have the same mobo with the same issues. Which kexts did you install?

Hey - I have the same mobo with the same issues. Which kexts did you install?

I installed the FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and FakePCIID.kext (use the release versions not the debug versions)

Used Kext Wizard to do it. Once I rebooted all my USB 3 ports were working.

I installed the FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and FakePCIID.kext (use the release versions not the debug versions)

OK - I'll give it a try. By the way, were you running 10.11 or 10.11.1 when you installed these?

Just chiming in that this worked for me as well.

I used the Clover Configurator to mount the EFI partition and then just copy those 2 kext files to the \10.11 and \Other folders. Rebooted and voila! the USB3 external hard drive that was never mounted under El Capitan just showed up in Finder.

1 of the front USB3 ports that didnt work started working at USB3 speeds as well. Nice!

I have the same motherboard (Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H) and it WORKED LIKE A CHARM!! AWESOME!!

Installed the kexts using KextBeast in /L/E and Voila!!

All the USB 3.0 are working perfectly @5gbps...

Hello guys, have the same board and I did a clean install just now and it seems that USB 3.0 is not working. USB 2.0 devices working fine, while USB 3.0 devices are not. I did install the kexts mentioned but still problem persists.

Just a few question to help me isolate my problem:

1. May I know your BIOS versions? mine is F9
2. Do you have an updated DSDT (patched or not)?
3. Are you guys using Clover? care to share your config.plist?

Thank you in advance!

Edit:

Nevermind got it working. It seems that USBInjectALL.kext conflicts the 2 kext. haha. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back