Contribute
Register

[Success] WORKING Intel Wifi Drivers for 7265AC on Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
can someone compile appleintelwifiV2 eh seen that it supports mojave

Last edited:
The last version of AppleIntelWifi.kext that shuhung uploaded a few posts ago is working very well. The only problem I had was that after a while the mouse and keyboard gone crazy and start randomly moving and clicking until you disable the WIFI connection.
I´m using Catalina btw.

The only problem I had was that after a while the mouse and keyboard gone crazy and start randomly moving and clicking until you disable the WIFI connection.

Common issue of old Intel wifi like my 3160 AC, disable Bluetooth if possible, see below link, "About platform noise" section

Try disable PCIe ASPM from BIOS first, or add pci-aspm-default = 00000000 to your DeviceProperties, something like below
1593135579233.png

Only tested on 7265AC, should also work on other intel cards but not tested yet. This driver currently ONLY works in 10.15.

First edit the Info.plist and add the ssid and password

View attachment 450677

Then load the kext using terminal (Dont install directly into L/E):

Code:
sudo mv ./*.kext /tmp
sudo chown -R root:wheel /tmp/*.kext
sudo kextload /tmp/*.kext

The driver is in early development stage and there are still bugs such as high packet loss.

Moderator Edit: Downloads of latest versions of kext projects here.

Thanks for big work! But can you also make a driver for a 8260 card? I can be a tester :)
And can I start now my 8260?

Last edited:
My error:
/tmp/AppleIntelWiFi.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) link error; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).

Solutions?

have you found a solution for the failed to load error?
My wifi was working perfection, and for some reason now every time that I'm trying to load the kext I'm getting the same error :/

will this work with Big Sur ??
works fine with Catalina on 3160 AC

have you found a solution for the failed to load error?
My wifi was working perfection, and for some reason now every time that I'm trying to load the kext I'm getting the same error :/
enter the commands one by one in the terminal

Only tested on 7265AC, should also work on other intel cards but not tested yet. This driver currently ONLY works in 10.15.

First edit the Info.plist and add the ssid and password

View attachment 450677

Then load the kext using terminal (Dont install directly into L/E):

Code:
sudo mv ./*.kext /tmp
sudo chown -R root:wheel /tmp/*.kext
sudo kextload /tmp/*.kext

The driver is in early development stage and there are still bugs such as high packet loss.

Moderator Edit: Downloads of latest versions of kext projects here.
Thanks for this Kext! But I ran in some problems. I installed it in my hackintosh, wifi option appeared, but I cant connect to network and find any. Model is 8260. How can I fix this issue?

I tested this driver it works but not perfect.
It’s showing the available wifi but doesn't connect to any wifi. Say wrong password and configure your wifi to WPA2 personal which it already is.

I am using thinkpad t460s i5 6300u
Intel 18260 NGW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back