Contribute
Register

[Success] WORKING Intel Wifi Drivers for 7265AC on Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean you don't have to load the kext every time you restart?

Because for me every time i restart, i need to manually load the kext.

Care to share how you did?
Sorry, I don't explain myself so well ... I have to load manually the kext on every restart. In other words, the number 3 as Ploddles explain very well ...
just to simplify a bit the process, you can use a script to load the kext only clicking & typing your pwd ...

Sorry, I don't explain myself so well ... I have to load manually the kext on every restart. In other words, the number 3 as Ploddles explain very well ...
just to simplify a bit the process, you can use a script to load the kext only clicking & typing your pwd ...

Ah ok. Actually i created a launchDeamon and it automatically load the kext every time i restart my system. I dont have to manually load the kext.

But guess what, system randomly KP. Lol! so i went back to my trusty USB WiFi which works pretty well.

There should be a full guide on this. The first command didn't work for me probably cause I'm doing something wrong LOL. And after reading some posts, it seems like more needs to be done than just type in those commands.

There should be a full guide on this. The first command didn't work for me probably cause I'm doing something wrong LOL. And after reading some posts, it seems like more needs to be done than just type in those commands.

There are 2 different kexts and methods being discussed in this thread so it can get confusing as to which one people are talking about.

It would be better is this could be split into 2 different threads but as of now it isn't.

Which of the 2 kexts are you trying to use?

There are 2 different kexts and methods being discussed in this thread so it can get confusing as to which one people are talking about.

It would be better is this could be split into 2 different threads but as of now it isn't.

Which of the 2 kexts are you trying to use?
I think I am using the latest one. "AppleIntelWifiV2"

How are you using that?
I didn't actually mean I'm using it. I just meant that's the one I downloaded, but I can't get it working. First of all, my wifi card is too new I think (Intel Wireless-AC 9560 ), and when I tried the first command it gave me an error.

I didn't actually mean I'm using it. I just meant that's the one I downloaded, but I can't get it working. First of all, my wifi card is too new I think (Intel Wireless-AC 9560 ), and when I tried the first command it gave me an error.

Can you post a screen shot of your command and the error.

I think there are AppleIntelWiFi.kext, AppleIntelWiFiV2.kext & itlwm.kext. So i do not know which is which. However the development looks promising.

I think there are AppleIntelWiFi.kext, AppleIntelWiFiV2.kext & itlwm.kext. So i do not know which is which. However the development looks promising.

The V2 one is actually an older version of the 1st one!

@Zemelware
If you are using one of those 1st 2, have you edited the plist file? It won't work until you do.

Where is the kext saved to (which folder) and what commands are you entering? Please post a screenshot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back