Contribute
Register

[Success] WORKING Intel Wifi Drivers for 7265AC on Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
I grabbed the latest version from earlier in the thread (post 136, page 14...AppleIntelWifi), updated with my wifi info, and loaded from the desktop. Using NUC 8 with 9650. I had connectivity right away...this looks promising....I am also running the IntelBluetoothFirmware kext, so just for fun, I tried airdrop/continuity. No luck so far..but both of these are relatively new efforts and I did not expect success :)

Last edited:
I am using the kext from page 14 of this thread on my X2 Elite G3 with a 8265. Works really well so far, getting normal download speeds, upload fluctuates but is still decent. Also Airplay is working super well with my TV and projector, I can not see Airdrop at all in finder. Early impressions are very impressive though, great to have BT and WIFI working at all on this machine, thanks.

For Mojave user, just tested itlwm on 10.14.6, work fine except slow upload speed.

1589292368995.png

This thread gets a bit confusing as there are at least 2 different versions and names for the kexts. Some people are using/testing one and others using another and it isn't clear which kext works with which controller or who is using which one. People refer to a GitHub project and then others to a 'Chinese website' but not saying what that website is. :banghead::?::think:

People refer to a GitHub project and then others to a 'Chinese website' but not saying what that website is.

Nothing secret about Chinese website, need moderator approved

Nothing secret about Chinese website, need moderator approved
Please send private message to @MacMan and @Stork to review the Chinese website link. They can approve or reject the request.

@Ploddles,

It's always a good idea to ask first if you have doubts. Use the Contact Us (bottom of the page, left) to ask.

If your Broadcom wifi not 4360 then the most probably cause is Hackintool, which provide patched IO80211Family for older Atheros and Broadcom unsupported wifi on Mojave or Catalina.
I had not installed my Broadcom card yet when I was having this issue.
It is a Dell 1560/BCM94352Z.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back