Contribute
Register

[Success] WORKING Intel Wifi Drivers for 7265AC on Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
If wifi speed very slow or unstable, try manual find out the best wifi channel and channel bandwidth for your district, may need reboot both router and PC each time

My 3160 AC work fine @ 2.4G b/g mixed mode only, very stable, round 14~16 Mbps download, 17~20 Mbps upload, 5G mode very unstable, 1~2 Mbps speed only.

For 7265 AC, not as stable as 3160 AC @ 2.4G mode, but work fine @ 5G mode, round 38~42Mbps download and 15~17 Mbps upload speed, enough for 4K@60 VP9 video streaming, no problem.
View attachment 467111

Below router settings work best for my 3160 AC @ 2.4G (11 b/g mixed mode only) and 7265 AC @ 5G (11 a/n/ac mixed mode).
View attachment 467112
yeah but sitil its so unstable... every reboot something different happens: once the speed is poor, the other time its good and another time it simply reboots computer after loading kext... you never know whats going to happen next time you start your machine...
kind of lottery
i gave up

yeah but sitil its so unstable... every reboot something different happens: once the speed is poor, the other time its good and another time it simply reboots computer after loading kext... you never know whats going to happen next time you start your machine...
kind of lottery
i gave up
Just be patient.. this is a very complicated task to develop a stable driver for hardware that is absolutely not supported by Apple. I'm sure that we will have something stable really soon.

I got it to load one time my new desktop machine. I logged into my WIFI network, browsed the internet and everything seemed fairly stable. After reboot, it will not load. I run the commands in terminal and get an error from the kextload step. It seems now it cannot find all of the needed libraries.
MSI Z270i Gaming Pro Carbon, Core i7, Intel 8265 WIFI.

I got it to load one time my new desktop machine. I logged into my WIFI network, browsed the internet and everything seemed fairly stable. After reboot, it will not load. I run the commands in terminal and get an error from the kextload step. It seems now it cannot find all of the needed libraries.
MSI Z270i Gaming Pro Carbon, Core i7, Intel 8265 WIFI.

The same happened to me. The only way I can get it to load now is to run the kextload command from the same folder that the kext is in. Just having the path to the kext doesn't work.

wow, it cool, it will try it for my gigabyte b360n wifi motherboard tonight.

Is this supposed to work on 6 series cards?

It works on 8265. 5g is slow, 2g works with hiccups. It’s proof that it can work, but not something I could recommend enough for daily use. Just to mention that I had KP until kext for wn823n was removed. Also, sometimes sound on headphones is weird when kext is loaded. Anyhow great job.

Last edited:
The same happened to me. The only way I can get it to load now is to run the kextload command from the same folder that the kext is in. Just having the path to the kext doesn't work.
So are you saying in terminal you need to CD to the folder where the kext is first then run kextload?

EDIT:
I'm still getting the following error from kextload.
Code:
sneitzel@iMac tmp % sudo kextload *.kext

/private/tmp/AppleIntelWifi.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) link error; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).
sneitzel@iMac tmp % sudo kextutil *.kext

Kext with invalid signature (-67030) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fa767c1e7a0 [0x7fff915f68c0]> { URL = "file:///private/tmp/AppleIntelWifi.kext/", ID = "com.zhong.AppleIntelWiFi" }
Code Signing Failure: code signature is invalid
Disabling KextAudit: SIP is off
(kernel) kxld[com.zhong.AppleIntelWiFi]: The super class vtable '__ZTV17IO80211Controller' for vtable '__ZTV14AppleIntelWiFi' is out of date. Make sure your kext has been built against the correct headers.
(kernel) kxld[com.zhong.AppleIntelWiFi]: The super class vtable '__ZTV17IO80211Controller' for vtable '__ZTV14AppleIntelWiFi' is out of date. Make sure your kext has been built against the correct headers.
(kernel) Can't load kext com.zhong.AppleIntelWiFi - link failed.
(kernel) Failed to load executable for kext com.zhong.AppleIntelWiFi.
(kernel) Kext com.zhong.AppleIntelWiFi failed to load (0xdc008016).
(kernel) Failed to load kext com.zhong.AppleIntelWiFi (error 0xdc008016).
Failed to load /private/tmp/AppleIntelWifi.kext - (libkern/kext) link error.
Check library declarations for your kext with kextlibs(8).
sneitzel@iMac tmp % sudo kextlibs *.kext             

For all architectures:
    com.apple.iokit.IO80211Family = 1200.12.2
    com.apple.iokit.IO80211FamilyV2 = 1200.12.2b1
    com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily = 3.4
    com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily = 2.9
    com.apple.kpi.bsd = 19.4
    com.apple.kpi.iokit = 19.4
    com.apple.kpi.libkern = 19.4
    com.apple.kpi.mach = 19.4

For x86_64:
    1 symbol not found in any library kext.
    Multiple symbols found among 1 libraries:
    com.apple.iokit.IO80211FamilyV2

sneitzel@iMac tmp %
Should the kext in post 1 be referencing com.apple.iokit.IO80211FamilyV2 ???
Specifically, the V2 part?
I did at one point try to load the V2 version of the kext.

Last edited:

No

Because your IO80211Family.kext is not for 10.15.x, version 1200.12.2 is bundled with 10.14.x

Restore 10.15.x stock IO80211Family.kext (1200.12.2b1) first.

Attachments

• IO80211Family 10154 stock kext.zip
    6.8 MB · Views: 189
So are you saying in terminal you need to CD to the folder where the kext is first then run kextload?

EDIT:
I'm still getting the following error from kextload.

You are running macOS 10.15 - Catalina? This is only for Catalina, not Mojave or earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back