Contribute
Register

[Success] WORKING Intel Wifi Drivers for 7265AC on Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Is there a way to connect to a unsecured network ? I tried to put an empty string as password in info.plist but that's not connecting... (7265AC)

I wrote a small script to load the chinese kext v2 with BSSID and password:

Bash:
#!/bin/bash

if [ "$#" -ne 2 ]; then
    echo "Usage: ./load.sh BSSID PASSWORD"
fi

/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy AppleIntelWiFi.kext/Contents/Info.plist -c "Set :IOKitPersonalities:AppleIntelWiFi:'NetWork Parameters':BSSID $1"
/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy AppleIntelWiFi.kext/Contents/Info.plist -c "Set :IOKitPersonalities:AppleIntelWiFi:'NetWork Parameters':PWD $2"

sudo cp -r ./*.kext /tmp
sudo chown -R root:wheel /tmp/*.kext
sudo kextload /tmp/*.kext

so I do not have to edit the plist manually every time.

The idea is also to have a script to unload the kext (so it can be loaded again with a different BSSID and password) but I have not found a good way to do it yet.

Simply calling sudo kextunload /tmp/AppleIntelWiFi.kext results in a reboot.

Any idea how to safely unload it so it can be loaded again for a different Wifi network?

Last edited:
Only tested on 7265AC, should also work on other intel cards but not tested yet. This driver currently ONLY works in 10.15.

First edit the Info.plist and add the ssid and password

View attachment 450677

Then load the kext using terminal (Dont install directly into L/E):

Code:
sudo mv ./*.kext /tmp
sudo chown -R root:wheel /tmp/*.kext
sudo kextload /tmp/*.kext

The driver is in early development stage and there are still bugs such as high packet loss.
I have done all the steps, my wifi detects it but throws me an error (Cannot connect to the network)

I don't have my pc with me and I'm visiting via my phone. I think I said a wrong phrase kextunload didn't cause it to crash the kextload when it was already loaded did.
Kextunload doesn't work because it says it's already in use.

If I'm correct as I remember.follow this answer:
See if you can unload it successfully maybe.

Again I'm not sure if that was the problem and I don't remember very well.

The problem is not that macOS refuses it to unload but that macOS reboots (panic). I do not think any other kexts depend on it like in the linked StackOverflow, I would guess that I need to maybe bring the wlan interface done before unloading the kext or something like that

Chinese kext works well on 7265AC no kernel panic, but my AirPods start to work from time to time. Sound stops for some seconds, while the video keeps playing.

hello everyone, is bluetooth also works with chineese wifi kext ?

hello everyone, is bluetooth also works with chineese wifi kext ?
that is just for wifi

some intel bluetooth happens to work fine (just not able to turn off) i think i saw some intel bluwooth kexts that you can search for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back