Contribute
Register

[Success] WORKING Intel Wifi Drivers for 7265AC on Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Intel 8265, I can see list of APs but all with WEP security, not able to connect to any (2 APs + Hotspot)

View attachment 463691View attachment 463692View attachment 463693
I used attached kext loaded with same commands listed in the original post, kext in the original post caused crash. It didn't require to enter SSID/PWD in plist file.

Anyone can have deeper look into code maybe something might need change?
Same on my AC 3165. It detects the security of all networks as WEP. Of course it won't connect unless I add the SSID and password in the Info.plist. It won't even connect to an unsecure network.

Guys please spread this, this will help for the development of this kext. The author summons for help.

Seems to be itlwm.kext author not AppleIntelWiFi.kext, itlwm kext work but very unstable, need set SSID to Redmi and PWD to empty.

Attachments

• itlwm.Mar.17.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 431
Hi guys, Chinese kext works on my Intel 9560 (z390 designare mobo) but I confirm that the speed is very unstable.
there's a way that handoff and airdrop work? Thanks
Is it workings also after couple of reboots and is the connection stable, despite being slow?

I load kext every time I boot os. I tried the kext for 8 hours and this is my experience:

-wifi signal is stable but velocity is unstable
-2.4ghz is more stable than 5ghz
-After sleep kext doesn't work (I load it manually to rework)
-Airdrop, handoff apparently don't work

I load kext every time I boot os. I tried the kext for 8 hours and this is my experience:

-wifi signal is stable but velocity is unstable
-2.4ghz is more stable than 5ghz
-After sleep kext doesn't work (I load it manually to rework)
-Airdrop, handoff apparently don't work

This is already good.
The kext in the OP of this thread worked for me in the first try, however, cause reboots after a cold start. Even reloading did not help.

Based on your info, I would give a try to the Chinese kext. Thanks.

Hi guys, Chinese kext works on my Intel 9560 (z390 designare mobo) but I confirm that the speed is very unstable.
there's a way that handoff and airdrop work? Thanks

When you say "Chinese kext", are you talking about the kext attached to post #191?

I'm running macOS 10.15.3, after installing the kext the wifi menu does not appear. Neither can I find it in the Network settings. My wifi card is Intel 8260

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back