Contribute
Register

[Success] WORKING Intel Wifi Drivers for 7265AC on Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new to the Hackintosh world, can someone please explain how to open the file list and how does the guide work?

see post #92, and then go to the first and second pages.

Okay, later?
with which program I modify the .plist file?
How do I boot from the terminal and install?
1. probably
2. plisteditpro
3. you don't, you boot from usb installer

Hi Guys,
I have read every post in this thread but still cannot understand where shall I keep the kext file in the first place: downloads folder?

I am also worried about giving a termainal command with *.kext...doesn't * mean any kext will load to the temporary folder? or shall I replace * with the name of this kext?

Thank you.

My error:
/tmp/AppleIntelWiFi.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) link error; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).

Solutions?

My error:
/tmp/AppleIntelWiFi.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) link error; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).

Solutions?
Some problems have On the Catalina 10.15.4 coming

Only tested on 7265AC, should also work on other intel cards but not tested yet. This driver currently ONLY works in 10.15.

First edit the Info.plist and add the ssid and password

View attachment 450677

Then load the kext using terminal (Dont install directly into L/E):

Code:
sudo mv ./*.kext /tmp
sudo chown -R root:wheel /tmp/*.kext
sudo kextload /tmp/*.kext

The driver is in early development stage and there are still bugs such as high packet loss.

Hi, can you share your EFI folder? I have the same motherboard with wi-fi intel 3160, but a can install the Kext by terminal. I have already try to install for testing in L/E as well. No panic at start, no wi-fi.
I have some issue on usb3 port after install Catalina 10.5.3 with usb path and without usb path. Maybe this can be the problem?
Thx.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 19.39.59.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 19.39.59.png
    47.8 KB · Views: 169
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 19.40.36.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 19.40.36.png
    33.9 KB · Views: 159
Hello everyone,
I've tried with the script attached from another user but it doesn't work as well, the error is:

Schermata 2020-04-11 alle 13.03.44.png

My Catalina version is 10.15 and the wireless module is the Intel 7260

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back