Contribute
Register

[Success] WORKING Intel Wifi Drivers for 7265AC on Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone gotten handoff and/ or AirDrop working on BigSur. For me on my NUC8i7BEH2 Bluetooth and Wifi is working perfectly fine. But Handoff doesn't seem to work.
I am attaching my EFI so maybe someone can help me.

EDIT I noticed connecting to my AirPods and playing music works but microphone does not work.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22.6 MB · Views: 217
Last edited:
Someone tested Black80211-Catalina or OpenIntelWireless on Wi-Fi 6 AX201?
I tested AirportItlwm_v1.0_Beta_Catalina.kext.zip and IntelBluetooth.zip on AX200, OpenCore 0.6.1. Both BT and WiFi work, WiFi works as normal AirPort via the native tray icon but not at full speed, I got 25Mbps down and 15Mbps up, 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz gave similar results. AX201 is basically the same card but some things moved into the CPU SoC so it requires a newer generation of an Intel CPU, it is supported AFAIK.

Can't say anything about Handoff or AirDrop etc, I don't use this zoomer stuff. I'm using just the good old plain wifi connection and app store to download XCode.

Last edited:
What is zoomer stuff?
Handoff, AirDrop, etc. I've never used it. I was using MacOS since Tiger on a real Mac then moved to Linux, now I had to install Hackintosh and I boot sometimes onto OS X to debug a mobile app.
Zoomer refers to members of Generation Z and is a play on the term "Boomer," which refers to members of the Baby Boomer generation.

Handoff, AirDrop, etc. I've never used it. I was using MacOS since Tiger on a real Mac then moved to Linux, now I had to install Hackintosh and I boot sometimes onto OS X to debug a mobile app.

Ah... You mean Continuity features.

Only tested on 7265AC, should also work on other intel cards but not tested yet. This driver currently ONLY works in 10.15.

First edit the Info.plist and add the ssid and password

View attachment 450677

Then load the kext using terminal (Dont install directly into L/E):

Code:
sudo mv ./*.kext /tmp
sudo chown -R root:wheel /tmp/*.kext
sudo kextload /tmp/*.kext

The driver is in early development stage and there are still bugs such as high packet loss.

Moderator Edit: Downloads of latest versions of kext projects here.
please, help me a little because I don't understand, how to install?
AppleIntelWiFi.kext
sudo mv ./*.kext /tmp
sudo chown -R root:wheel /tmp/*.kext
sudo kextload /tmp/*.kext

Hi guys, been reading for a while. looking for the procedure to add this to the config.plist under OC. Anyone that can please point to the process of doing this.

Thanks

Anyone had success with 7625 on X250? Could I ask what did you do?
I tried different kexts combinations/updated plist and couldn't get it work. TIA

Edit - Never mind. Used Chris1111 intel wifi and worked

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back