Contribute
Register

[Success] WORKING Intel Wifi Drivers for 7265AC on Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand but with Catalina you can’t even delete a EFI Backup folder without disabling gatekeeper. The new prelinked kernel system in Mojave and Catalina is extensive and far reaching for security improvements. It would take long to test the rebuild and repair.

What do you suggest I do? I cannot install it on the S / L / E, because if it fails, the system will not be stable.

What do you suggest I do? I cannot install it on the S / L / E, because if it fails, the system will not be stable.
You don’t have to install there but it won’t hurt to rebuild caches and repair permissions to see if it helps. It may fix it it may not but it won’t hurt to try/test.

You don’t have to install there but it won’t hurt to rebuild caches and repair permissions to see if it helps. It may fix it it may not but it won’t hurt to try/test.

It hasn't been possible yet. Perhaps a future update to correct this error. I would love this correction, even if it doesn't work at all (potential) speed.

Intel drivers from Apple could possibly get added to macOS in the next 6 months so I'd advise using Broadcom until then. There is already an Intel Wifi 6 card in the new iPad Pro. Coming to the Mac line soon ? Very possible.

Any news on 9xxx series? I want to try it on 9560 on a desktop

Could you tell me how to work on 8265?
thanks!!
I simply follow his instruction to load it from a command. It can actually work but after a while it will reboot. Also maybe you should use a simpler encryption method.

On 7260 it shows the list of available networks, looks connected to the network defined in Info.plist but internet is not reachable.

Make sure your firewall rules are okay.Also restart your machine and try again.It's a bit buggy but it works.

Will restart help if the kext is loaded manually and not actually installed? I do not use any custom firewall rules or anything like that.

I rebooted, tried again, got connected and was able to ping the router but no internet IP. After manually renewing DHCP lease I was able to get in the internet, but just for a few minutes before the computer rebooted.

Only tested on 7265AC, should also work on other intel cards but not tested yet. This driver currently ONLY works in 10.15.

First edit the Info.plist and add the ssid and password

View attachment 450677

Then load the kext using terminal (Dont install directly into L/E):

Code:
sudo mv ./*.kext /tmp
sudo chown -R root:wheel /tmp/*.kext
sudo kextload /tmp/*.kext

The driver is in early development stage and there are still bugs such as high packet loss.

Works my Men... !! Thank you !

Attachments

• DPCIManager.jpg
    DPCIManager.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 828
  • Item-0_and_AirPortExtra_and_Item-0_and_com_bjango_istatmenus_sensors.jpg
    Item-0_and_AirPortExtra_and_Item-0_and_com_bjango_istatmenus_sensors.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 798
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back