Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Working GA-Z77x-UD3H OSX Mavericks 10.9.1 Build (Audio, LAN, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Mac
CPU
Intel i7 Quad-Core 3770K
Graphics
MSI GTX 760 OC 4gb Edition
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
First of all, some specs:
i7 3770k, running at 4ghz
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H motherboard (Arguably the best hackintosh board!)
32 GB Kingston HyperX Blu RAM
Corsair H100i
Corsair SP120 fans (For the h100i)
MSI GTX 760 4GB OC Edition
Cooler Master i700W PSU
Seagate 600-series SSD, 240GB (Boot + final cut/after effects/photoshop/some games)
WD Black 2Tb, x2 (One for Mac storage, the other for Windows 8)
Corsair 400r Case

Total build cost: $2058

This thing runs at the speed of sound. If I ignore Chimera, I can boot in about 10 seconds. It also loads and saves files stupidly fast.

Admittedly, this build was a pain in the butt to get working, with 7 clean installs before I finally got it to work, and I'm going to share how I did it!

1. Install OSX through Unibeast
2. Run Multibeast
-This part was a little tricky. A lot of the drivers started causing some kernel panics so my method was simple. Install using none of the presets.
-3rd Party Sata for the drives (TRIM enabler for me because of having TRIM on my ssd)
-FakeSMC
-NullCPUPowerManagement (This prevents kernel panics)
-USB 3.0 universal
-Atheros by Shailua
-Chimera (Most recent, I used 2.2.1)
-System Definitions don't really matter, but I used MacPro 3,1
-I used the tonymac black theme for my boot loader, again your choice!

3. Try rebooting. If this works, you're golden. If not, figure out the issue and solve. The biggest issue for me was remembering to set my BIOS to boot to the PO version of my SSD, not the UEFI. I also encountered the boot0 issue, which tonymac has a great guide on.

4. Upon successful reboot without the help of your Unibeast drive, connect your Hack to the internet and download Kext Utility, Kext Wizard and AppleHDADisabler.kext (most recent version). Go to /system/library/extensions and delete AppleHDA.kext. Doing so makes sure Voodoo won't cause panics. You then want to use Kext Wizard to install AppleHDADisabler.kext (I did this as a precaution, no kernel panics for me). After this is done, open Kext Utility and let it run until you see the message saying "have a good day (evening)". Kext Utility just repaired the extensions cache.

5. Reboot. I like to personally shutdown fully, enter my BIOS, double check my settings and then restart.

6. Open up Multibeast again, and go over to the Audio section under the drivers tab. Select the most recent version of VoodooHDA, under universal tab. Go ahead and install this.

7. Run Kext Utility once again, waiting for that message.

8. Reboot, shocker...

9. Play a song, and be happy!

Congrats, you're good to go!

If you didn't install through a recent download of the OSX Install app, you will need to do the update, which can be done through the app store. Voodoo is fine when you do this.

If you guys have any more questions, ask them in the comments!!!!!

I have the same mother board and I am struggling to get everything running, namely sound and iCloud so I have a few questions, are there any particular bios settings I should use other than the PO on the ssd?

I am going to be doing a fresh install with your guide, fingers crossed I can get it all working!

Thank you so much for your guide, I got everything working on a hdd perfectly. Then I tried to install it on my ssd, which went perfect and multi beast, then when I restarted I changed my ssd over to PO, I tried to restart and then white apple screen and then automatic shut down and I can't seem to get past the white screen automatic shut down. I changed settings back, nothing, re-do the setting, nothing.

PLS HELP!

What are your BIOS settings?

A print screen of what drivers you have selected in multi beast. thanx!

First of all, some specs:
i7 3770k, running at 4ghz
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H motherboard (Arguably the best hackintosh board!)
32 GB Kingston HyperX Blu RAM
Corsair H100i
Corsair SP120 fans (For the h100i)
MSI GTX 760 4GB OC Edition
Cooler Master i700W PSU
Seagate 600-series SSD, 240GB (Boot + final cut/after effects/photoshop/some games)
WD Black 2Tb, x2 (One for Mac storage, the other for Windows 8)
Corsair 400r Case

Total build cost: $2058

This thing runs at the speed of sound. If I ignore Chimera, I can boot in about 10 seconds. It also loads and saves files stupidly fast.

Admittedly, this build was a pain in the butt to get working, with 7 clean installs before I finally got it to work, and I'm going to share how I did it!

1. Install OSX through Unibeast
2. Run Multibeast
-This part was a little tricky. A lot of the drivers started causing some kernel panics so my method was simple. Install using none of the presets.
-3rd Party Sata for the drives (TRIM enabler for me because of having TRIM on my ssd)
-FakeSMC
-NullCPUPowerManagement (This prevents kernel panics)
-USB 3.0 universal
-Atheros by Shailua
-Chimera (Most recent, I used 2.2.1)
-System Definitions don't really matter, but I used MacPro 3,1
-I used the tonymac black theme for my boot loader, again your choice!

3. Try rebooting. If this works, you're golden. If not, figure out the issue and solve. The biggest issue for me was remembering to set my BIOS to boot to the PO version of my SSD, not the UEFI. I also encountered the boot0 issue, which tonymac has a great guide on.

4. Upon successful reboot without the help of your Unibeast drive, connect your Hack to the internet and download Kext Utility, Kext Wizard and AppleHDADisabler.kext (most recent version). Go to /system/library/extensions and delete AppleHDA.kext. Doing so makes sure Voodoo won't cause panics. You then want to use Kext Wizard to install AppleHDADisabler.kext (I did this as a precaution, no kernel panics for me). After this is done, open Kext Utility and let it run until you see the message saying "have a good day (evening)". Kext Utility just repaired the extensions cache.

5. Reboot. I like to personally shutdown fully, enter my BIOS, double check my settings and then restart.

6. Open up Multibeast again, and go over to the Audio section under the drivers tab. Select the most recent version of VoodooHDA, under universal tab. Go ahead and install this.

7. Run Kext Utility once again, waiting for that message.

8. Reboot, shocker...

9. Play a song, and be happy!

Congrats, you're good to go!

If you didn't install through a recent download of the OSX Install app, you will need to do the update, which can be done through the app store. Voodoo is fine when you do this.

If you guys have any more questions, ask them in the comments!!!!!

Are you getting any issues whatsoever with this mobo? Any system hangs? I have a D3H at the moment and my system hangs every time I leave a t*****t app running. I called to my store and I could actually exchange it for a UD3H. That's why I'm asking. Is it stable?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is my first hackintosh build. I have been scouring posts and yours seems to be fairly close to my build.I am hoping you can help me with Bios and Multibeast settings. It would be a great help if you can provide a couple of screenshots of your multibeast settings. Also if you could provide your bios settings andor a link to an article that details the Bios configuration for Z77X-UD3H.

I did complete install but I can only boot in safe mode. I have tried multiple configurations but still no stable booting.Here are my specs:

Mobo: GA-Z77X-UD3H
CPU: I7 3770K
GPU: EVGA GTX760 2GB SUPERCLOCKED
RAM: 16GB Patriot Intel Master 1866MHZ
PSU: Cosair CX750
SSD: PNY 120GB
HDD: WD Black 1TB

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

thank you SO much for this. Editing my podcast in Garageband was a big reason I wanted to move production over to a Hackintosh from my Macbook. This is the only solution to the UD3h sound issues that i've found to work. THANKS.

So I finally got this thing to work. I have sound from my onboard outputs but I do not have any sound from the HDMI of my video card. Is anyone having the same issue? Has anyone tried any of Toledas's guide with this MB. If so any success?

TUTORIAL NEED TO INSTALL MAC, THESE ARE THE COMPONENTS

INTEL CORE I7-3770, 8,0GB RAM, NIVIA GEFORCE GT 640, GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H

What are your BIOS settings?

Reading ramdisk image: bt(0.0)/extra/preboot.dmg. No ramdisk config..... Mounting: done.

Running the same hardware, with everything "functioning." Anyone with this board able to get USB audio devices functioning with the VoodooHDA for this VIA chipset? I have a USB headset I would love to use on my Hackintosh that I use on my Mac Pro, but the Voodoo settings won't allow USB input, probably simply because Voodoo HDA is non optimal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back