GIGABYTE GA-H77N-WIFI LGA 1155 Intel H77
Intel Core i7-3770 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz
CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB)
CORSAIR Hydro Series H60
MSI N660TI-2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB
ASUS Black Blu-ray Burner SATA
TOSHIBA DT01ACA200 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB
OCZ Vector Series VTR1-25SAT3-256G 2.5"
Adapter for Macbook AIR SSD (2011 version 128GB)

This is a very nice looking case... be warned though it is a PAIN to get it all in there :p especially the water cooling... I had an old macbook air SSD laying around from an upgrade so I picked up an adapter to SATA (works great!) also got the vector as a referb, and it is a blazing fast SSD

A couple of install notes:
1. I do not remove the NVIDIA card to install, it’s a pain with the case and I had no issues. (Requires the GraphicsEnabler=No flag once you install multibeast)
2. I did not replace the wireless card, since the Bluetooth works fine, and it’s a tradeoff, external wireless or external Bluetooth. So I kept it. Again a pain to swap out and hard to find a good card.
3. I did not remove any drives to install windows, just use separate drives.

SETUP:

1. Create your unibeast drive (I have the latest build as of 9/1/2013 and the latest download of ML 10.8.4)
a. Download multibeast and put it on your USB​
b. Download the 10.8.5 combo update and put it on your USB
c. Download GenericUSBXHCI_1.2.6d1.tar.gz from http://sourceforge.net/projects/genericusbxhci/files/Snapshots/ and put it on your USB​
2. Setup your BIOS (I am using F3 version)
a. Make sure your memory (if you are using the vengeance) is setup right, mine came up with 1333 instead of 1600, M.I.T -> advanced memory -> XMP -> profile1
b. Bios Features​
1. VT-d = Disabled
2. Boot Mode Selection = Legacy Only
3. Boot Options = CDROM -> Main Drive or your Mac Drive​
c. Peripherals​
1. SATA Mode Selection -> AHCI
2. xHCI Mode -> Auto
3. EHCI Hand-off -> Enabled​

I don't tinker with the boot options too much since I hit 12 to boot to different drives, that option is up to you how you want it configured.

That was all I changed insert your unibeast drive in a USB port (NOTE that the USB 3 may cause issues see boot options below)

3. Reboot the box and press F12
a. Select your USB
b. Before it boots press space or any other key to bring up the boot options now type -x this will bring up save mode (if you have it in USB3 took me forever to figure that out)
c. Setup as normal (this is also a good place to make disk images of your drive so you can rollback)​
d. Reboot -> F12 -> USB -> Select your newly installed drive (don’t need –x)​
4. Post installation (network/bluetooth should work fine, use the onboard LAN)
a. Setup your account and update to 10.8.5
b. Reboot -> F12 -> USB -> Select your macos drive
c. Run multibeast​
1. Check UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation (this will install the bootloader)
2. Drivers -> Audio -> Realtek ALC8xx -> Without DSDT -> ALC892
3. Drivers -> Miscellaneous -> FakeSMC v5.2.725 Plugins (I like hardware monitor)
4. Drivers -> Network -> Realtek – lnxMac’s RealtekRTL81xx v0.0.90
5. Customization -> Boot Options -> GraphicsEnabler = NO (will not boot right without this)​
d. Reboot -> F12 -> USB -> Select your macos drive
e. To fix the USB3 problem do this:​
1. Copy GenericUSBXHCI_1.2.6d1.tar.gz to your user folder
2. Open Terminal and copy and paste the commands:​
tar xvf GenericUSBXHCI_1.2.6d1.tar.gz
sudo chown -R 0:0 GenericUSBXHCI.kext
SLE=/System/Library/Extensions
sudo /bin/rm -rf $SLE/GenericUSBXHCI.kext
sudo /bin/mv GenericUSBXHCI.kext $SLE
sudo kextcache -system-caches
sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel​
3. Reboot​
5. Installing Second OS
a. Boot windows from CD and install on second drive
b. Now set your boot drive to the mac one and you should see a bunch of drives, system reserved is the one you want to use if you load 7 or 8.
c. I split my big storage drive, 500gb to mac and 1.5 to ntfs​
NOTES:
1. The wireless doesn’t work… oh well wasn’t planning on using it anyways

Hi, this is my second attempt at getting ML 10.8.5 to run on my rig (fresh install, not update). I'm trying to follow this method, but at part 3.b. The screen begins installation, then a few seconds after seeing the mouse in the top-left, the screen goes blank to a light blue color.

My rig is slightly different to yours, and is as follows:
  • Gigabyte Z77N wifi
  • Core i5 3570K
  • CX500M PSU
  • 8GB Corsair vengeance
  • Asus gtx 660ti
  • 500GB WD Caviar Blue

My bios version is F2 so I was unable to do part 2.b.1. (VT-d = disabled) I don't know if this is the problem, and I wouldn't know how to update to F3.

I have tried with safe mode and without. Same thing happens each time but with a varying length of time before the blue screen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I've been trying to get OSX running on this machine for days now.

Hi...My rig is slightly different to yours, and is as follows:
  • Gigabyte Z77N wifi
  • Core i5 3570K
  • CX500M PSU
  • 8GB Corsair vengeance
  • Asus gtx 660ti
  • 500GB WD Caviar Blue

My bios version is F2 so I was unable to do part 2.b.1. (VT-d = disabled) I don't know if this is the problem, and I wouldn't know how to update to F3...
First, your motherboard is different enough - it won't follow the same BIOS version numbering. Second, the BIOS senses your "K" processor, thus, not showing the VT-d option as it's not allow with a "K" processor.

I recommend you look in the Golden & User Builds forum sections for a build with a Gigabyte Z77N wifi, Core i5 3570K and GTX 660ti. (Changes are you'll find several with the same motherboard and processor, and you can go from there.)

Thanks for the fast reply.

Yeah, I've managed to get through the initial installation using flag -x and GraphicsEnabler=no. Last time I got to this stage I had issues with an "uptime in nanoseconds" freeze. I will see how it goes and search the forum accordingly if I come across any more issues.

Cheers.

I have "H"77n-wifi. and I'm having a lot of issues as well. I have been running 10.8.2 to 8.8.4 just fine.

my main issues is when I download ML from app store. it's always 8.5. so I have no way of doing a clean install with 8.4 or earlier.

when I try clean install with UB 2.1 it freezes at "about 17 minutes"

*****update*****
I used -x and and was able to pull this log.
let me know if any more info could be helpful

Sep 25 09:41:00 kmac.home opendirectoryd[101]: 286.6 - ODQueryCreateWithNode request, NodeID: 9434271F-6B8C-4A88-892F-25606F1222BF, RecordType(s): dsRecTypeNative:config/SharePoints, Attribute: dsAttrTypeStandard:RecordName, MatchType: Any, Equality: CaseExact, Value(s): dsRecordsAll, Requested Attributes: dsAttrTypeStandard:GeneratedUID,dsAttrTypeNative:ftp_guestaccess,dsAttrTypeNative:smb_name,dsAttrTypeNative:sharepoint_account_uuid,dsAttrTypeNative:smb_createmask,dsAttrTypeNative:sharepoint_version,dsAttrTypeStandard:AppleMetaNodeLocation,dsAttrTypeNative:afp_guestaccess,dsAttrTypeNative:afp_shared,dsAttrTypeStandard:RecordType,dsAttrTypeNative:ftp_shared,dsAttrTypeNative:afp_name,dsAttrTypeNative:smb_oplocks,dsAttrTypeNative:afp_use_parent_owner,dsAttrTypeNative:smb_directorymask,dsAttrTypeStandard:RecordName,dsAttrTypeNative:afp_use_parent_privs,dsAttrTypeNative:smb_guestaccess,dsAttrTypeNative:smb_inherit_permissions,dsAttrTypeStandard:AppleMetaRecordName,dsAttrTypeNative:smb_shared,dsAttrTypeNative:directory_path,dsAttrTypeNative:smb_strictlocking,dsAttrTypeNative:sharepoint_group_id,dsAttrTypeNative:ftp_name, Max Results: 2147483647
Sep 25 09:41:00 kmac.home opendirectoryd[101]: 286.6, Node: /Local/Default, Module: PlistFile - client is using an old record type 'dsRecTypeNative:config/SharePoints' should be using kODRecordTypeSharePoints
Sep 25 09:41:00 kmac.home opendirectoryd[101]: 286.6, Node: /Local/Default, Module: PlistFile - client is using an old record type 'dsRecTypeNative:config/SharePoints' should be using kODRecordTypeSharePoints
Sep 25 09:41:00 kmac.home opendirectoryd[101]: 286.6, Node: /Local/Default, Module: PlistFile - ODQueryCreateWithNode completed

Attachments

• Installer Log 25-Sep-2013.txt
    37.7 KB · Views: 296
Keith did you manage to get it working in the end?

yes I did, thanks for asking!
you know what the problem was??
BAD RAM!! I was sooo upset after I did the ram test.

I got g-skill to send me new ram and all has been well ever since.

i'm sad they don't sell this mobo anymore as I'd love to make one for my gf/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back