Dell XPS 9700 4K (OpenCore)
CPU
i7-10875H
Graphics
UHD 630, 3840x2400
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Screenshot 2020-01-28 at 21.50.15.png

Worked like a charm with clover 5103 on my Razer Blade 2018 Advanced Model. Thank you guys for always helping me out so much :)

Updated my Dell Latitude 5480

i5 7200U
Intel HD 620

Everything working as usual except the touchpad.

Alps V7 Touchpad

Worked in 10.15.2 with VoodooPS2Controller.kext (Some gestures didn't work)
Stopped working after 10.15.3 update.

Hoping to update my PC build soon... :):)

Just wanted to add to this as well. I just updated my Razer Blade 2018 Advanced to 10.15.3 and all works as before.

@BlvckBytes I'm curious, do you have any odd audio or Bluetooth behavior?
For example, when I boot from windows 10 to macOS, I get no sound from speaker only, and Bluetooth won't connect devices. To get it working I need to do cold boots to macOS. :rolleyes:

@Armastus

To be honest... I've got them for a long time now :,D. WiFi and Bluetooth don't really work that good with my DW1830, worked better with the DW1560 (which I sold, dang...). When WiFi crashes my trackpad crashes aswell.

Audio works pretty good about 65% of the time, but on some boots it just won't get detected at all. But I'll have to say: When it works, it really does work.

Audio and WiFi/BT are my biggest day to day problems, you are definately not alone with those issues.

Oh, and also: When I had the DW1560 WiFi and BT would interfere... No idea how that happens, since BT has such a big frequency range :/

@BlvckBytes okay well sucks that happens but glad to know I’m not alone. I got DW1560 which does seem to work better. I truly believe it has to do with how Windows 10 handles those drivers and then restarting over to macOS just causes things to get outta sync. Oh well, it’s more annoying than a huge deal breaker. Thanks!

@Armastus

So, we are having the same model laptop right? What layout-id are you using for AppleALC? I've attached a screenshot from my current audio configuration. I'm asking since I almost never boot into windows and my audio does not work like 40% of the time. Are you sure a "cold boot" works every time for you?

The DW1560's RAM-Disk gets initialized in Windows the same as in OSX, I think it works this bad for me because my usb-configuration has issues and power is not defined correctly... Even tho everything looks as expected in Hackintool.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-01-30 at 08.11.48.png
    Screenshot 2020-01-30 at 08.11.48.png
    632.2 KB · Views: 116
@Armastus

So, we are having the same model laptop right? What layout-id are you using for AppleALC? I've attached a screenshot from my current audio configuration. I'm asking since I almost never boot into windows and my audio does not work like 40% of the time. Are you sure a "cold boot" works every time for you?

The DW1560's RAM-Disk gets initialized in Windows the same as in OSX, I think it works this bad for me because my usb-configuration has issues and power is not defined correctly... Even tho everything looks as expected in Hackintool.

Yes, we have a pretty close config. Only difference is that you have the 4k model. But I believe all the internals are still the same. I'm attaching my EFI and L/E folder. Hope it helps. Oh yea, I'm also using the DW1560 wifi/bt card.

Also, as another note, I used stonevils guide to make my hackintosh. Here it is: https://github.com/stonevil/Razer_Blade_Advanced_early_2019_Hackintosh

Hope it helps. You're wifi/bt issues do seem a bit worse so I hope all this helps you.

To clarify my sound from speaker and bt only give issues if I don't do a cold boot into macOS. Restarts from WIN10 to macOS cause issue. I think Win10 writes over those drivers and then booting into macOS makes it out of sync.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    29.2 MB · Views: 142
  • Extensions.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 83
@Armastus

Nice, thank you! I've had a look through this github repo and saw that he's also using "CPUFriend.kext". Is this needed for power management on our platform? Are you using it? Just wondering...

Tbh, I still have a hard time believing your audio works on EVERY cold boot. I also thought to see a correlation, but for me there is none. Maybe you use your windows many more times than me, and thus it looks like windows messes with the drivers, even though it would have stopped working on it's own. Sorry for asking this over and over again, but can you state that you have a 100% success rate without touching windows? Because then, we have different issues for sure. It can't be that hard to reset audio-drivers on every boot, but I also haven't found a way yet...

I will try and learn from your attached files, thanks a lot again :) Really cool to be able to talk with someone who has a similar configuration to mine.

@Armastus

Nice, thank you! I've had a look through this github repo and saw that he's also using "CPUFriend.kext". Is this needed for power management on our platform? Are you using it? Just wondering...

Tbh, I still have a hard time believing your audio works on EVERY cold boot. I also thought to see a correlation, but for me there is none. Maybe you use your windows many more times than me, and thus it looks like windows messes with the drivers, even though it would have stopped working on it's own. Sorry for asking this over and over again, but can you state that you have a 100% success rate without touching windows? Because then, we have different issues for sure. It can't be that hard to reset audio-drivers on every boot, but I also haven't found a way yet...

I will try and learn from your attached files, thanks a lot again :) Really cool to be able to talk with someone who has a similar configuration to mine.
So I do use CPUFriend. thought I attached my L/E folder. I can do that later today.
Anyways happy to help for sure! So yes, I’ve tested for days how my Bluetooth and audio work. I can confirm that yes, 100% my Audio and Bluetooth work on every cold boot. Issues only once I do a restart from Win10 to macOS. Now, when I upgraded to Catalina I did need to update the Bluetooth and WiFi drivers in Win10 first to get them to work as they do in Catalina. Before doing that my WiFi would take 5min to start and Bluetooth wouldn’t work at all.

I also used Win10 updates to update my audio drivers as well just in case.

would you mind sending me your EFI, L/E folders and doing a codec dump of your audio drivers and sending me that info. Maybe I’ll spot something there.

Attachments

• Extensions.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 102
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back