Contribute
Register

Success with Gigabyte H370M DS3H +i5-8400 coffee lake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen Shot 2020-05-29 at 11.10.30 PM.png

I have successfully installed the update using a bootable macOS installer flash drive. I did not actually use the installer, only the Clover bootloader provided by UniBeast 10.1.0-4. Using that bootloader instead of the one my internal drive, I was able to see the extra drive meant to install the update.

I did not delete the EFI partition on my 3rd disk. Thank you for all the help.

Hi,

My system is:

Intel Core i5-9600KF 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor
Gigabyte b365m ds3h
Asus Radeon HD 7790 1 GB Video Card Deepcool
TP-Link TL-WN881ND PCIe x1 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter

I successfully installed Catalina 15.5 but still got some issues:

1. After taking full backup/clone in External HDD or Another Internal HDD I can't boot it, it automatically shutdown
2. All the USB ports are working well but it takes too much time to power-off or reboot. If I remove the USB related .kext it reboots perfectly but USB 3.0 isn't working.

I attached my clover file into this post, if someone has an answer please let me know.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Hi and thanks for your supplied Clover folders. Can I ask which internal USB2 header you're using to attach the USB lead from the Broadcom adapter? I purchased a similar adapter and can't get the Bluetooth component working with either USB2 header.

As an aside, is it necessary to keep the uia_exclude string in the Boot section of config.plist since USBPorts.kext is present? Or the USB port limit patch?

Hi, Im going to build a new system 32 gb ram, same motherboard you are using, i7-9700 CPU and an AMD r9 fury booting from an m.2 drive. I'll be using a FENVI 1750mbs pci wifi card.

What EFI do I download, besides the changes for the video card, what should I change to make it work with my CPU?

EDITED 28/01/20 : Success With same Mobo/Cpu/iGPU/eGPU on CATALINA 10.15.2 and OpenCore

Hi every body, this is my first thread here so if I missed something, just tell me..
I start this thread because I encounter lot of issue to build an hackintosh with the H370M DS3H so it may help someone

The builds :
Case : Powermac G5
MB : Gigabyte H370M DS3H
CPU : Intel Coffee Lake I8400
GPU : EVGA GT 740SC Single Slot + intel UHD 630
Firewire : PCI Express car with 2x1394b + 1x1394a + 1 header :
Wifi : Broadcom BCM943602CS by PCI Express
SSD : Samsung EVO 860
BIOS vs : F2

Working :
USB 2 and 3/3.1
Sleep/wake
Firewire
reboot/shutdown
Audio with VOODOO

Not working :
Wake by USB

Didn't test yet :
iMessage
Display port

• I had long delay to shutting down with the last version of multibeast, so I used the clover installer and it works fine.
  • For Usb you need to use the USBInjectAll Kext
  • For ethernet, need to keep the intelmausi kext
  • I also use the XHCI-300-series-injector.kext and AHCI-300-Series.kext.
  • For IGPU working accelerated : need IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, 0x59120000 IG-Platform-ID, 0x59128086 IntelGFX FakeID And some patches in config.plist
  • I also add an .aml in ACPI/Patched

I'm not sure if my settings are perfect, but it working pretty well. So again, it can be a good starting point for other.
If you see something seems to be wrong please tell me and I will try.

I add all my Clover File in attachment

Finally, a big THANK YOU to all people in this website (and others), It's the 2nd Hackintosh I made thanks to you, and me and my brother are doing a third one with a nuc in an iMac G4 20 inche..

EDIT : Success With same Mobo/Cpu/iGPU/eGPU on MOJAVE

Hello everybody and first of all, thank's a lot for your support. I'm really glad that this thread can help some of you.

So now here is the second shot for this config with Mojave. And I can tell you, that's rocks!! especially for sleep..

Some point to know :
  • Mojave and 10.13.6 support UHD 630 and coffeeLake really better because of new coffelake Framebuffer
  • For all graphics setting, you just need Whatevergreen.kext and lilu.kext in there last version and maybe some setting in config.plist. No more intelgrapghicsfixup or IntelGFX fake id.
  • There is 3 new IG Plateform for UHD 630 :
    • (0x3E910003 Compute only)
    • (0x3E920003 Compute only)
    • (0x3E9B0007 when screen connected to it) the one I use.
  • You absolutely need to use the latest vs of clover as there there is news from aptiomemoryfix and emuvariable
  • About aptiomemoryfix, this one not work well with sleep on my Mobo, so I'm using the combination of osxaptiofix3drv and emuvariable which is kind of deprecated. but work well for me.

I give you the clover file (v2), it is based on the first one I just made some change :
  • I'm using clover vs 4769
  • In device/property in config.plist to change all port type of the UHD 630
  • In the DSDT patch to make the UHD 630 appear as built in.
  • For sleep working well I use the "sudo pmset -a standby 0" command in terminal and ERP need to be activate in bios.
  • AGDP Patch is mandatory in kernel patch
  • I deleted the serial number in SMBIOS, you need to add one.

All working fine except the audio.. I'm using an USB plug for audio instead so if you have idea or feedback to give me.. I will try.

Have fun guys!!!!!

EDIT : Success With same Mobo/Cpu/iGPU/eGPU on CATALINA 10.15.2 and OpenCore

Hi Everyone, if someone interesting to use this Board with OpenCore, here is an EFI which can help.
Everything working really well and I suggest everyone to go threw OpenCore as it is more clear and easy to know what we do. Moreover it is we'll document.

About what it is working, I think everything...

- Bios F13
- Native NVRAM Supports (possible since few days)
- Audio Working
- USB 3 working
- Sleep/Wake Working
- iMessage working
- UHD accelerated working with display on DisplayPort or HDMI (Framebuffer mapping made)
- work with 3 display.
- SideCar enable
- Night shift enable

Don't forget to make a new serial number and SSDT-UIAC for your USB using Hackintool.

I can help if someone want but I will receive a new board in few days because I need thunderbolt and I will not be able to test with the h370m DS3H anymore after the new one install.

Have Fun!!
So I am eating on my AMD fury r9 Water cooled Video card.

I tried your EFi and can not get my machine to boot.

Gigabyte H370M DS3H mother board
Intel i7 -9700 cpu (not a K)
NVME WD 500 gb
4x 8gb ram 32 gb total.
Sitting in a Thermaltake Core v21 case.

I have only used clover in the past.
I tried the Catalina clover with no luck. I am assuming the IGPU settings are different from your CPU to mine.

I have a GTX 1050ti SC sitting around I can boot from the Irish Catalina installer USB with it. But I can not boot without the video card. and with your EFI I can not boot at all.

EDITED 28/01/20 : Success With same Mobo/Cpu/iGPU/eGPU on CATALINA 10.15.2 and OpenCore

Hi every body, this is my first thread here so if I missed something, just tell me..
I start this thread because I encounter lot of issue to build an hackintosh with the H370M DS3H so it may help someone

The builds :
Case : Powermac G5
MB : Gigabyte H370M DS3H
CPU : Intel Coffee Lake I8400
GPU : EVGA GT 740SC Single Slot + intel UHD 630
Firewire : PCI Express car with 2x1394b + 1x1394a + 1 header :
Wifi : Broadcom BCM943602CS by PCI Express
SSD : Samsung EVO 860
BIOS vs : F2

Working :
USB 2 and 3/3.1
Sleep/wake
Firewire
reboot/shutdown
Audio with VOODOO

Not working :
Wake by USB

Didn't test yet :
iMessage
Display port

• I had long delay to shutting down with the last version of multibeast, so I used the clover installer and it works fine.
  • For Usb you need to use the USBInjectAll Kext
  • For ethernet, need to keep the intelmausi kext
  • I also use the XHCI-300-series-injector.kext and AHCI-300-Series.kext.
  • For IGPU working accelerated : need IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, 0x59120000 IG-Platform-ID, 0x59128086 IntelGFX FakeID And some patches in config.plist
  • I also add an .aml in ACPI/Patched

I'm not sure if my settings are perfect, but it working pretty well. So again, it can be a good starting point for other.
If you see something seems to be wrong please tell me and I will try.

I add all my Clover File in attachment

Finally, a big THANK YOU to all people in this website (and others), It's the 2nd Hackintosh I made thanks to you, and me and my brother are doing a third one with a nuc in an iMac G4 20 inche..

EDIT : Success With same Mobo/Cpu/iGPU/eGPU on MOJAVE

Hello everybody and first of all, thank's a lot for your support. I'm really glad that this thread can help some of you.

So now here is the second shot for this config with Mojave. And I can tell you, that's rocks!! especially for sleep..

Some point to know :
  • Mojave and 10.13.6 support UHD 630 and coffeeLake really better because of new coffelake Framebuffer
  • For all graphics setting, you just need Whatevergreen.kext and lilu.kext in there last version and maybe some setting in config.plist. No more intelgrapghicsfixup or IntelGFX fake id.
  • There is 3 new IG Plateform for UHD 630 :
    • (0x3E910003 Compute only)
    • (0x3E920003 Compute only)
    • (0x3E9B0007 when screen connected to it) the one I use.
  • You absolutely need to use the latest vs of clover as there there is news from aptiomemoryfix and emuvariable
  • About aptiomemoryfix, this one not work well with sleep on my Mobo, so I'm using the combination of osxaptiofix3drv and emuvariable which is kind of deprecated. but work well for me.

I give you the clover file (v2), it is based on the first one I just made some change :
  • I'm using clover vs 4769
  • In device/property in config.plist to change all port type of the UHD 630
  • In the DSDT patch to make the UHD 630 appear as built in.
  • For sleep working well I use the "sudo pmset -a standby 0" command in terminal and ERP need to be activate in bios.
  • AGDP Patch is mandatory in kernel patch
  • I deleted the serial number in SMBIOS, you need to add one.

All working fine except the audio.. I'm using an USB plug for audio instead so if you have idea or feedback to give me.. I will try.

Have fun guys!!!!!

EDIT : Success With same Mobo/Cpu/iGPU/eGPU on CATALINA 10.15.2 and OpenCore

Hi Everyone, if someone interesting to use this Board with OpenCore, here is an EFI which can help.
Everything working really well and I suggest everyone to go threw OpenCore as it is more clear and easy to know what we do. Moreover it is we'll document.

About what it is working, I think everything...

- Bios F13
- Native NVRAM Supports (possible since few days)
- Audio Working
- USB 3 working
- Sleep/Wake Working
- iMessage working
- UHD accelerated working with display on DisplayPort or HDMI (Framebuffer mapping made)
- work with 3 display.
- SideCar enable
- Night shift enable

Don't forget to make a new serial number and SSDT-UIAC for your USB using Hackintool.

I can help if someone want but I will receive a new board in few days because I need thunderbolt and I will not be able to test with the h370m DS3H anymore after the new one install.

Have Fun!!
What version of open core did you build this with ? I get an error opening this config file.

What version of open core did you build this with ? I get an error opening this config file.

Look at the date of the OpenCore.efi it will tell you the release date of it then you can track down the version using that. Telling us how you are opening the file would probably allow people to help better. Looking at the earliest version I have the 0.6.3 it is from November 2020. If that edit date is anything to go by it is a 0.5.? something.

Ive never used open core so I just downloaded the newest one.

Im trying to install a few install of Monterey, my system won't upgrade. im not sure why it just reboots.

Are you using this motherboard? As your system listed does not say you are. Adding a -v to the boot-args will give you a boot using text so you get some actual information on where it fails not a graphic that tell you nothing.

Are you using this motherboard? As your system listed does not say you are. Adding a -v to the boot-args will give you a boot using text so you get some actual information on where it fails not a graphic that tell you nothing.
Updated
Currently I only have it running on Clover. Ill try to find the old open core config version and mess with open core here in a few days.

GIGABYTE H370M DS3H​

i7-9700 (about this Mac says (3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9)​

dual 500gb NVME drives installed.​

32GB​

(8GBx4) 2400 MHz DDR4​

AMD Radeon FURY X 4 GB (water cooled)​

everything works except Audio on HDMI (that I can tell)​

I would love do do the Monetary update instead of a fresh install.​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back