Contribute
Register

Success with Gigabyte H370M DS3H +i5-8400 coffee lake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I have the same motherboard ( Bios F10) with wifi Broadcom BCM943602CS by PCI Express ,
I've used the @backwardmac EFI files,
sometimes the wifi icons is online,but I found that is offline ,for example browse web .
After I reconnect the wifi, it's ok again,
any ideas for mojave 10.4.2 ? Thanks

@backwardmac no worries ended up getting everything working on Mojave... just finished a smooth update to 10.14.2. Thanks for this post!
You'r welcome!!

Hello,

I just finished installing Mojave 10.14.2 on this motherboard (Bios F10) using the CLOVER file provided by @backwardmac, specifically due to the fact that he has also F10 BIOS and has the DSDT pathched.

I'm having weird issues after I boot. Sometimes it works without issues but most of the time I get artefacts (random lines) on the screen and it usually stops responding after a few seconds.

I use the Radeon GFX card via HDMI.

i7 8700k
XFX RX 580
16GB RAM
macOS drive - Intel series 5 M.2 SATA

Hi Vlad.s
You'r issue can come from my smbios which is a mix of iMac and MacPro (just to have the Hackintosh recognize as MacPro over Bonjour.) You should try smbios iMac 18.2 or something more "clover friendly".

Hello,
I have the same motherboard ( Bios F10) with wifi Broadcom BCM943602CS by PCI Express ,
I've used the @backwardmac EFI files,
sometimes the wifi icons is online,but I found that is offline ,for example browse web .
After I reconnect the wifi, it's ok again,
any ideas for mojave 10.4.2 ? Thanks

Hi Arnehuo,
Absolutely no idea, I have a Broadcom card (not the same as you) by PCI and no issue at all.

@backwardmac no worries ended up getting everything working on Mojave... just finished a smooth update to 10.14.2. Thanks for this post!
Hi Lermaa
Is your alc887 working? if yes what did you do?

@backwardmac thanks for the reply but I also tried with High Sierra 10.13.6 and multiple types of smbios's (iMac 18.1, 18.3 etc.) and the graphics glitch & freeze persists.

I'll upload my EFI folder when I get home and I'll put the link to the YouTube video of the glitch.

IMG_20181209_162400.jpg IMG_20181209_162353.jpg

@backwardmac thanks for the reply but I also tried with High Sierra 10.13.6 and multiple types of smbios's (iMac 18.1, 18.3 etc.) and the graphics glitch & freeze persists.

I'll upload my EFI folder when I get home and I'll put the link to the YouTube video of the glitch.

View attachment 371904 View attachment 371905
Hi vlad.s
Sounds like frequency or buffer issue. Is your screen using 4k over hdmi?

Hello backwardmac,

No. It's an "old" LG 3D 27'' FHD Monitor. I was using the DVI-HDMI cable but I switched to another LG FHD monitor which is using an HDMI input and it's the same.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    10.2 MB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Since this is the best thread on the H370M ds3h, I have some basic questions (because I like to solve my problems one by one;-)

I really cannot find these items in the bios (F1):
  1. If your system has CFG-Lock, disable it
  2. If your system has Secure Boot Mode, disable it
Do they exist or not? Should I update bios?

In my time with this board, there is no mention of CFG lock.
Secure boot is an option when you select Windows 8.1/10 setup. I believe it may be under BIOS settings for windows. If you enable the help with alt, you should get an explanation.

Thanks Juarez! So, there is no need for me to use that, because I enabled " other OS".

Now a new question (probably especially for @backwardmac):
Can i just do the following to get my system working:
-Mount efi on my ssd disk
-copy all clover v2 files from the first post to it
- change biosnr
- Unmount efi

And then it works?
Btw, I installed Mojave with Unibeast but can only enter Mojave bij booting with USB. (With any multibeast setup, it boots halfway and then the monitor goes asleep)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back