Contribute
Register

Success with Gigabyte H370M DS3H +i5-8400 coffee lake

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Danila, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card(s).
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

Hi Shridhar,

Be Careful, don't seem's to have the same mobo. you have the h370m D3H, the one in this topic is the h370m DS3H.
Even if this 2 mobo are pretty the same just be careful with my config.

However are you on Mojave or High Sierra?
Is your issue is that the computer restart after shutdown? if yes, you should verify that ERP is enable in your bios.
Moreover, you should use osxaptiofixdrv instead of aptiomemory. it is deprecated, but my board doesn't work well with aptiomemory.

Actually I'm making a new clover file trying to use Mojave. I can send it to you but not sur it will work for you depend of your config.
There is an DSDT.AML made for my mobo on it.
my bios is f10
Mojave 10.14.1
clover 4722

Hello,

I’m trying to solve Audio for H370M-DS3H motherboard on High Sierra 10.13.6. But nothing works besides using the Clover backwardmac has added. Although audio seems fine due to coming noises while booting and active speaker icon on bar, I can’t test it totally because of lagging, freezy unusable mac os x. I know this clover has not been configured for High Sierra, on the other hand the buggy noises while booting and showing audio in/outs give me hope if I can use the onboard audio properly on High Sierra.. Thanks backwardmac for great help, especially for this motherboard topic..

The Build:
- Gigabyte H370M DS3H (BIOS : F10)
- Intel i7 8700 (none K) CPU
- 16 GB (2x8) GSkill Raptor V 2666 DDR4 Memory(XMP Profile 1)
- Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB nvme m.2 (Mac Os X)
- Sandisk 480 GB Sata SSD (Windows)
- Samsung 28” 4K monitor (using Displayport)
- Fenvi FV-T919 Wifi and Bluetooth
- No Video Card (planning to use fully accelerated and supported IGPU UHD 630 via displayport and hdmi if possible)

By the way, in graphics setup, using with 59120000 kabylake platform id graphics seems ok with 1536 MB, however resolution is decreased.. When change to Coffeelake platform ids, resolution is increased but looks 31 MB..

I’ve been using a hackintosh for 9-10 years (Core 2 Quad) but I’m not familiar with Clover, any help would be great, a full prepared clover setup for my build would be the greatest..

Thanks,

Hi @backwardmac, thanks for this helpful post. I was able to get mojave installed with very similar hardware and your clover configs. I am unable to get my ethernet working, any ideas for mojave?

Hi Hussain,

No I didn't go to Mojave yet but now i make some research for it so maybe in the few days... any luck in your side?

Thanks.
Apologies for the late response,
No luck at all. Downgraded back to High Sierra 10.13.6, However i'm getting the same issue where only one monitor functions whilst the other one gets no signal after an update today
e.g The DVI to HDMI functions but the HDMI to HDMI doesn't work as it just shows no signal

Last edited:
Hi @backwardmac, thanks for this helpful post. I was able to get mojave installed with very similar hardware and your clover configs. I am unable to get my ethernet working, any ideas for mojave?
Sorry Lermaa but I never had issue with ethernet, only use the intelmausi in refi folder and that's work. so i'ma afraid I can't help you except check last vs of intelmausi, put it on efi volume, reinstall last clover

Hi everyone, I edited the first post with the update for Mojave. Have fun!!!

I have the same motherboard with the 8700K i7 and no matter what I do, the install always crashes with two minutes to go. I've used the @backwardmac EFI files, tried both High Sierra and Mojave, removed and replaced kexts, removed the video card, etc. to no avail. Any ideas what I'm missing? Everyone else is working on getting audio to work or USB 3.0 and I can't get past the installer...

Never mind. Turns out I'm just not patient. Didn't know that the install involves several restarts...

Last edited:
Hello,

I just finished installing Mojave 10.14.2 on this motherboard (Bios F10) using the CLOVER file provided by @backwardmac, specifically due to the fact that he has also F10 BIOS and has the DSDT pathched.

I'm having weird issues after I boot. Sometimes it works without issues but most of the time I get artefacts (random lines) on the screen and it usually stops responding after a few seconds.

I use the Radeon GFX card via HDMI.

i7 8700k
XFX RX 580
16GB RAM
macOS drive - Intel series 5 M.2 SATA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back