Success with Gigabyte H370M DS3H +i5-8400 coffee lake

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can also try my clover file :
- you need to have the F2 bios version
- the "really good" file is the bios profile you probably need to use
- you probably need to change the smbios as I made a custom one
- there is a dsdt patch on it so not sure it works on your mono
Hi there, just tried to connect two displays one HDMI to HDMI and one DVI to HDMI,
It seems as if only one of the monitors are working (DVI TO HDMI) whilst my HDMI to HDMI just responds with no signal, any ideas?

Similar (but not exactly the same) configuration as the OP. I found this thread helpful, thank you.

I spent a while getting sound, but here's what I did in case it helps someone.

Success with Gigabyte Z370M DS3H +i5-8400 coffee lake

I followed the instructions in this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/applehda-realtek-audio-guide.234732/#post-1606764
but had to make sure I disabled SIP (see <key>CsrActiveConfig</key> in config.plst) and rebooted before the audio_cloverALC script would work properly.

Attaching my config.plist (without a Serial Number) in case it helps anyone else.

Attachments

• configNoSerial.plist
    8.1 KB · Views: 240
Hi there, just tried to connect two displays one HDMI to HDMI and one DVI to HDMI,
It seems as if only one of the monitors are working (DVI TO HDMI) whilst my HDMI to HDMI just responds with no signal, any ideas?
Hi,
Can you see the second screen in system profiler?
be sure that intelHDMIinject is disable
you can also try to uncheck the patch lin to the HDMI output in the config.plist
tell me..

hi backward, i tried your clover file and it keeps reboot and stuck at kernel. cannot boot to the osx installer, any help?
Hi Sieman, do you have the same motherboard?
try to start with the EFI of the USB key then put your backed up EFI.

Hi every body, this is my first thread here so if I missed something, just tell me..
I start this thread because I encounter lot of issue to build an hackintosh with the H370M DS3H so it may help someone

The builds :
Case : Powermac G5
MB : Gigabyte H370M DS3H
CPU : Intel Coffee Lake I8400
GPU : EVGA GT 740SC Single Slot + intel UHD 630
Firewire : PCI Express car with 2x1394b + 1x1394a + 1 header :
Wifi : Broadcom BCM943602CS by PCI Express
SSD : Samsung EVO 860
BIOS vs : F2

Working :
USB 2 and 3/3.1
Sleep/wake
Firewire
reboot/shutdown
Audio with VOODOO

Not working :
Wake by USB

Didn't test yet :
iMessage
Display port

• I had long delay to shutting down with the last version of multibeast, so I used the clover installer and it works fine.
  • For Usb you need to use the USBInjectAll Kext
  • For ethernet, need to keep the intelmausi kext
  • I also use the XHCI-300-series-injector.kext and AHCI-300-Series.kext.
  • For IGPU working accelerated : need IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, 0x59120000 IG-Platform-ID, 0x59128086 IntelGFX FakeID And some patches in config.plist
  • I also add an .aml in ACPI/Patched

I'm not sure if my settings are perfect, but it working pretty well. So again, it can be a good starting point for other.
If you see something seems to be wrong please tell me and I will try.

I add all my Clover File in attachment

Finally, a big THANK YOU to all people in this website (and others), It's the 2nd Hackintosh I made thanks to you, and me and my brother are doing a third one with a nuc in an iMac G4 20 inche..

@backwardmac Same set up, no luck with graphics acceleration :banghead:
If i use your clover folder doesn't boot.

Last edited:
Hi comrade,
Can you share you latest EFI folder?
I have the Same Mobo and CPU + GTX 1050 2GB.
I have a working hackintosh.
I need to compare. I have a feeling like my Hack needs some tweaks.

For those interested, I uploaded my EFI.​

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22.2 MB · Views: 190
@bobrah, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card(s).
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

Hello everyone!
I have used this thread to fix all my Hackintosh Problems, mixing a lot of threads but this thread was the main that I used to put my mackintosh to work! but I am still having a problem with my UHD 630 internal GPU... my setup:

Gigabyte H370m DS3H
Intel Core I5-8600 Coffee Lake
8GB Ram DDR4 2600
Samsung 4k Monitor via HDMI

I don't know why I am unable to turn my GPU accelerated... I will attach my clover folder and a screenshot with my configuration and a ioreg, thanks for your attention!!!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-02 at 13.55.21.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-02 at 13.55.21.png
    44.3 KB · Views: 389
  • ioregSaved.10.13.6.txt
    653.1 KB · Views: 454
  • CLOVER.zip
    16.4 MB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Hi backwardmac, I have only just installed the OS and don't have a graphics card in my system and have no plans to install one. I used unibeast 8.3.2 to generate the USB installation stick and did not select any graphics options. The only kext i added was the latest USBInjectAll. My graphics needs are quite modest, 1280x1920 on an old LCD monitor, although I do plan on adding a 4K monitor to the displayport connector at some point. I chose this motherboard mostly because of the DisplayPort option and the form factor.

Sorry I can't be of much help.
Hi Ximony, can you confirm whether or not you were able to achieve graphic acceleration using the igpu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back