Contribute
Register

Success with Gigabyte H370M DS3H +i5-8400 coffee lake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today i bought a H370M DS3H and i5-8400.
I created a config using Clover (I also tried the supplied one by @backwardmac), however my system does not enter the macOS installer.
After some time the log reports "matches prelinked kext but can't determine if executables are the same", then "Service exited with abnormal code:1", prints some additional information and then the screen goes dark (turns off). What can I do?
View attachment 382401

Did you find a solution to this issue? I have your same setup and am having this same error no matter how I configure clover, uefi bios, etc. Please let me know! If you're willing to share your working clover configuration that would be amazing!

If anyone is interested. I have a working Efi on clover 4910 for mac OS 10.14.4 for my Gigabyte H370M DS3H. Everything is just working fine, only the ability to wake up the computer out of standby via bluetooth got lost (I´m using a dongle) since 10.14.3. It´s not a biggy for me, a keystroke does it very well (I had to disable the wake up via bluetooth in settings to get it sleeping). I had to set my usb-ports to a working config via hackintool (just google it, it´s really easy), so my USBPorts.kext will probably not work for you. Maybe this is of help for someone of you. Good luck!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22 MB · Views: 314
Hello, Thanks for your help backwardmac. I succed installing Mojave on the same mobo with your clover file.
My problem is the post installation. I can only boot correctly in safe mode.
I've put the clover file in the HDD EFI, but it doesn't work. There must be something wrong in my clover folder.
Here's a screenshot of it when it froze, without the safe mode...
If anyone has an idea, that'd be great ! Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20190421_211629.jpg
    IMG_20190421_211629.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 161
  • IMG_20190421_211712.jpg
    IMG_20190421_211712.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 193
Hi every body, this is my first thread here so if I missed something, just tell me..
I start this thread because I encounter lot of issue to build an hackintosh with the H370M DS3H so it may help someone

The builds :
Case : Powermac G5
MB : Gigabyte H370M DS3H
CPU : Intel Coffee Lake I8400
GPU : EVGA GT 740SC Single Slot + intel UHD 630
Firewire : PCI Express car with 2x1394b + 1x1394a + 1 header :
Wifi : Broadcom BCM943602CS by PCI Express
SSD : Samsung EVO 860
BIOS vs : F2

Working :
USB 2 and 3/3.1
Sleep/wake
Firewire
reboot/shutdown
Audio with VOODOO

Not working :
Wake by USB

Didn't test yet :
iMessage
Display port

• I had long delay to shutting down with the last version of multibeast, so I used the clover installer and it works fine.
  • For Usb you need to use the USBInjectAll Kext
  • For ethernet, need to keep the intelmausi kext
  • I also use the XHCI-300-series-injector.kext and AHCI-300-Series.kext.
  • For IGPU working accelerated : need IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, 0x59120000 IG-Platform-ID, 0x59128086 IntelGFX FakeID And some patches in config.plist
  • I also add an .aml in ACPI/Patched

I'm not sure if my settings are perfect, but it working pretty well. So again, it can be a good starting point for other.
If you see something seems to be wrong please tell me and I will try.

I add all my Clover File in attachment

Finally, a big THANK YOU to all people in this website (and others), It's the 2nd Hackintosh I made thanks to you, and me and my brother are doing a third one with a nuc in an iMac G4 20 inche..

EDIT : Success With same Mobo/Cpu/iGPU/eGPU on MOJAVE

Hello everybody and first of all, thank's a lot for your support. I'm really glad that this thread can help some of you.

So now here is the second shot for this config with Mojave. And I can tell you, that's rocks!! especially for sleep..

Some point to know :
  • Mojave and 10.13.6 support UHD 630 and coffeeLake really better because of new coffelake Framebuffer
  • For all graphics setting, you just need Whatevergreen.kext and lilu.kext in there last version and maybe some setting in config.plist. No more intelgrapghicsfixup or IntelGFX fake id.
  • There is 3 new IG Plateform for UHD 630 :
    • (0x3E910003 Compute only)
    • (0x3E920003 Compute only)
    • (0x3E9B0007 when screen connected to it) the one I use.
  • You absolutely need to use the latest vs of clover as there there is news from aptiomemoryfix and emuvariable
  • About aptiomemoryfix, this one not work well with sleep on my Mobo, so I'm using the combination of osxaptiofix3drv and emuvariable which is kind of deprecated. but work well for me.

I give you the clover file (v2), it is based on the first one I just made some change :
  • I'm using clover vs 4769
  • In device/property in config.plist to change all port type of the UHD 630
  • In the DSDT patch to make the UHD 630 appear as built in.
  • For sleep working well I use the "sudo pmset -a standby 0" command in terminal and ERP need to be activate in bios.
  • AGDP Patch is mandatory in kernel patch
  • I deleted the serial number in SMBIOS, you need to add one.

All working fine except the audio.. I'm using an USB plug for audio instead so if you have idea or feedback to give me.. I will try.

Have fun guys!!!!!
Hi, can you please help me. I have used your attached Clover folder for High Sierra 10.13.6. it's not working and reboot the system. I have attached my Config.plist for your review if I missed any thing.

Attachments

• config.plist
    11.4 KB · Views: 172
Hi there! I have exactly like this setup but I need to install Catalina 10.5.1 but failed numerous times already. I wonder how the EFI config looks like for Catalina. Stuck in 2 minutes on install and it restarts but failed to install. Hope you can help.

Hi there! I have exactly like this setup but I need to install Catalina 10.5.1 but failed numerous times already. I wonder how the EFI config looks like for Catalina. Stuck in 2 minutes on install and it restarts but failed to install. Hope you can help.
Try this EFI. It should work for you. If you don´t have the same MB you have to add usbinjectall.kext and delete the usbports.kext inside or create another one via hackintool (google it).

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.7 MB · Views: 267
@gradkal this popped out...what seems to be the problem?

Attachments

• 1574124418977563234587407834230.jpg
    1574124418977563234587407834230.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 233
@gradkal this popped out...what seems to be the problem?
Check your Bios-Settings (at least turn Vtd and iGPU off). Polaris GPU´s work best in Catalina if you use display port.

Hi every body, this is my first thread here so if I missed something, just tell me..
I start this thread because I encounter lot of issue to build an hackintosh with the H370M DS3H so it may help someone

The builds :
Case : Powermac G5
MB : Gigabyte H370M DS3H
CPU : Intel Coffee Lake I8400
GPU : EVGA GT 740SC Single Slot + intel UHD 630
Firewire : PCI Express car with 2x1394b + 1x1394a + 1 header :
Wifi : Broadcom BCM943602CS by PCI Express
SSD : Samsung EVO 860
BIOS vs : F2

Working :
USB 2 and 3/3.1
Sleep/wake
Firewire
reboot/shutdown
Audio with VOODOO

Not working :
Wake by USB

Didn't test yet :
iMessage
Display port

• I had long delay to shutting down with the last version of multibeast, so I used the clover installer and it works fine.
  • For Usb you need to use the USBInjectAll Kext
  • For ethernet, need to keep the intelmausi kext
  • I also use the XHCI-300-series-injector.kext and AHCI-300-Series.kext.
  • For IGPU working accelerated : need IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, 0x59120000 IG-Platform-ID, 0x59128086 IntelGFX FakeID And some patches in config.plist
  • I also add an .aml in ACPI/Patched

I'm not sure if my settings are perfect, but it working pretty well. So again, it can be a good starting point for other.
If you see something seems to be wrong please tell me and I will try.

I add all my Clover File in attachment

Finally, a big THANK YOU to all people in this website (and others), It's the 2nd Hackintosh I made thanks to you, and me and my brother are doing a third one with a nuc in an iMac G4 20 inche..

EDIT : Success With same Mobo/Cpu/iGPU/eGPU on MOJAVE

Hello everybody and first of all, thank's a lot for your support. I'm really glad that this thread can help some of you.

So now here is the second shot for this config with Mojave. And I can tell you, that's rocks!! especially for sleep..

Some point to know :
  • Mojave and 10.13.6 support UHD 630 and coffeeLake really better because of new coffelake Framebuffer
  • For all graphics setting, you just need Whatevergreen.kext and lilu.kext in there last version and maybe some setting in config.plist. No more intelgrapghicsfixup or IntelGFX fake id.
  • There is 3 new IG Plateform for UHD 630 :
    • (0x3E910003 Compute only)
    • (0x3E920003 Compute only)
    • (0x3E9B0007 when screen connected to it) the one I use.
  • You absolutely need to use the latest vs of clover as there there is news from aptiomemoryfix and emuvariable
  • About aptiomemoryfix, this one not work well with sleep on my Mobo, so I'm using the combination of osxaptiofix3drv and emuvariable which is kind of deprecated. but work well for me.

I give you the clover file (v2), it is based on the first one I just made some change :
  • I'm using clover vs 4769
  • In device/property in config.plist to change all port type of the UHD 630
  • In the DSDT patch to make the UHD 630 appear as built in.
  • For sleep working well I use the "sudo pmset -a standby 0" command in terminal and ERP need to be activate in bios.
  • AGDP Patch is mandatory in kernel patch
  • I deleted the serial number in SMBIOS, you need to add one.

All working fine except the audio.. I'm using an USB plug for audio instead so if you have idea or feedback to give me.. I will try.

Have fun guys!!!!!

i a using i5 8400 with 1050ti . what i cann do to enable graphics on high sierra

Hi everyone, back to this thread.. Sorry, little bit busy this time.
So i still use the same MOBO, on Catalina.
I will give you the EFI.

For those who have issue with the UHD 630, all patch to make it working is in Config.plist/Devices/properties.
-it changes memory to 2048MB
-enable HDMI2
-patch port for HDMI and DP (DVI not working on mine)

All working well, but I still working on :
I just have a doubt about the native CPU/IGPU powerManagment, if someone can help me about that??
And my USB 3 working but not sure if I did it correctly. seems to have power issue, but no big deal.
I'm unable to use night shift

Some explanation about the refi folder.
-All kext are now installe in /S/L/Extension. (except FakeSMC which is also on the EFI Folder.) using Hackintool to install.
-If you have issue using my EFI Folder, I suggest you to reboot without the DSDT file on EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched as it was made for my guild with my pic card.
-make it working with open core

More over, just want to to tell that I made this efi thanks to the community and she deserve all the credit.

PS : don't forget to generate a new Serialnumber in config.plist/smbios

Let's make this build better and better
Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• Kext on SLE.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 133
  • EFI 2.zip
    32.2 MB · Views: 286
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back