Contribute
Register

Success with Gigabyte H370M DS3H +i5-8400 coffee lake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated
Currently I only have it running on Clover. Ill try to find the old open core config version and mess with open core here in a few days.
Try the attached 0.7.7 OC folder you need to replace the Replace in the config.plist with your settings you use now for the serial, MLB and SystemUUID as I removed them from my working configuration. It is setup as iMac19,1 using the intel for computing tasks with my rx560 providing the connections for my monitors.

Edit: And I think I remember something about the XHCI port limit needing to be disabled for the Monterrey I have the ports mapped with the .kext in there for it the files included, not clue whether I have in disabled in the .plist did not check.

Edit2: You need to be running at least Catalina 10.15.4 for it to boot as that is the minimum version set in the .plist.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Try the attached 0.7.7 OC folder you need to replace the Replace in the config.plist with your settings you use now for the serial, MLB and SystemUUID as I removed them from my working configuration. It is setup as iMac19,1 using the intel for computing tasks with my rx560 providing the connections for my monitors.

Edit: And I think I remember something about the XHCI port limit needing to be disabled for the Monterrey I have the ports mapped with the .kext in there for it the files included, not clue whether I have in disabled in the .plist did not check.

Edit2: You need to be running at least Catalina 10.15.4 for it to boot as that is the minimum version set in the .plist.
Kindly check if the attached EFI works with Monterey, such upgrade from Big Sur to Monterey.

Thanks

Update: I successfully upgrade to Monterey using this EFI.

Update: I successfully upgrade to Monterey using this EFI.

Good to read you got it done, if wanting to update to the 0.7.8 which is the latest it is a simple matter of one key to add, I forget which one at the moment. But a program like DiffMerge will show the one needed when doing a comparision with the sample.plist to find the missing one.

Thanks @SAC12345, I am not that expert to hackintosh, I am reading the documents to learn how to upgrade.
I had another issue now, please see if there is any advice. I use a GT630 card on my previous Big Sur build which works fine, but after I upgraded to Monterey, it not works now. Any suggestion please.

Thanks @SAC12345, I am not that expert to hackintosh, I am reading the documents to learn how to upgrade.
I had another issue now, please see if there is any advice. I use a GT630 card on my previous Big Sur build which works fine, but after I upgraded to Monterey, it not works now. Any suggestion please.

I would think Apple has finally dropped the support for that card they have been dropping the nvidia cards for ages now, with each release fewer are supported. Get a supported ATI card to use. I have a cheap at the time rx560 I put in my machine, with the crazy prices now who knows how much they cost.

Hi, my Big Sur hackintosh (same MOBO and CPU) won't boot anymore. Actually it does boot but I get a spinning ball and nothing works, not even Finder. I managed to backup all necessary files. I have tried to reinstall Big Sur from a USB stick with two different OC EFIs found in this thread but no cigar :(
One is stuck in the vault not found screen (although "optional" is checked in Misc -> Security) and the other gets stuck somewhere on the verbose screen.
What am I doing wrong? Perhaps SMBIOS misconfiguration?
If you could provide me with a working EFI (OC preferably) I would be very much obliged. I don't care if I need to install Big Sur or Monterey, everything goes at this point.

Thanks in advance.

PS: There is nothing wrong with the hackintosh mentioned on my profile. This is running OK, I have two hackintoshes :)

Hi scud, maybe you can try one of these, which I found on the internet. They worked for my H370M build before, but some day when I tried another EFI, some of them not works, but I donot remember which one not works. Please let me know if you tried.

Good luck.

BTW, using these EFIs not all the USB ports work.

I still have not been able to upgrade to Monterey has anyone using this motherboard got it to work? clover or Opencore
Also wondering the same thing because I have one of these and wanted to get current with the OS. Did you figure it out in the end?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back