- Oct 21, 2018
- Gigabyte H370M DS3H
- UHD 630 + RX 580
- Classic Mac
- Mobile Phone
Hi every body, this is my first thread here so if I missed something, just tell me..
I start this thread because I encounter lot of issue to build an hackintosh with the H370M DS3H so it may help someone
The builds :
OS : High Sierra 10.13.5
Case : Powermac G5
MB : Gigabyte H370M DS3H
CPU : Intel Coffee Lake I8400
GPU : EVGA GT 740SC Single Slot + intel UHD 630
Firewire : PCI Express car with 2x1394b + 1x1394a + 1 header :
Wifi : Broadcom BCM943602CS by PCI Express
SSD : Samsung EVO 860
BIOS vs : F2
USB 2 and 3/3.1
Audio with VOODOO
Not working :
Wake by USB
Didn't test yet :
- I had long delay to shutting down with the last version of multibeast, so I used the clover installer and it works fine.
- For Usb you need to use the USBInjectAll Kext
- For ethernet, need to keep the intelmausi kext
- I also use the XHCI-300-series-injector.kext and AHCI-300-Series.kext.
- For IGPU working accelerated : need IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, 0x59120000 IG-Platform-ID, 0x59128086 IntelGFX FakeID And some patches in config.plist
- I also add an .aml in ACPI/Patched
I'm not sure if my settings are perfect, but it working pretty well. So again, it can be a good starting point for other.
If you see something seems to be wrong please tell me and I will try.
I add all my Clover File in attachment
Finally, a big THANK YOU to all people in this website (and others), It's the 2nd Hackintosh I made thanks to you, and me and my brother are doing a third one with a nuc in an iMac G4 20 inche..
EDIT : Success With same Mobo/Cpu/iGPU/eGPU on MOJAVE
Hello everybody and first of all, thank's a lot for your support. I'm really glad that this thread can help some of you.
So now here is the second shot for this config with Mojave. And I can tell you, that's rocks!! especially for sleep..
Some point to know :
- Mojave and 10.13.6 support UHD 630 and coffeeLake really better because of new coffelake Framebuffer
- For all graphics setting, you just need Whatevergreen.kext and lilu.kext in there last version and maybe some setting in config.plist. No more intelgrapghicsfixup or IntelGFX fake id.
- There is 3 new IG Plateform for UHD 630 :
- (0x3E910003 Compute only)
- (0x3E920003 Compute only)
- (0x3E9B0007 when screen connected to it) the one I use.
- You absolutely need to use the latest vs of clover as there there is news from aptiomemoryfix and emuvariable
- About aptiomemoryfix, this one not work well with sleep on my Mobo, so I'm using the combination of osxaptiofix3drv and emuvariable which is kind of deprecated. but work well for me.
I give you the clover file (v2), it is based on the first one I just made some change :
- I'm using clover vs 4769
- In device/property in config.plist to change all port type of the UHD 630
- In the DSDT patch to make the UHD 630 appear as built in.
- For sleep working well I use the "sudo pmset -a standby 0" command in terminal and ERP need to be activate in bios.
- AGDP Patch is mandatory in kernel patch
- I deleted the serial number in SMBIOS, you need to add one.
All working fine except the audio.. I'm using an USB plug for audio instead so if you have idea or feedback to give me.. I will try.
Have fun guys!!!!!
Success With same Mobo / Cpu / iGPU / RX560 on CATALINA 10.15.3 and OpenCore 0.5.4
Based on @ backwardmac's OC config file,
1. I fixed the power management issue
2. Removed unnecessary DSDT hotpatch files
3. Custom usb uses kext loading method, I think it may be helpful for USB sleep
4. Use setup_var to unlock CFG-lock in the BIOS, all the settings are removed
5.smbios select imac19,1 and only need to set three serialnumber when setting auto quirks
Now USB, sleep is normal. details as following:
-Native NVRAM Supports
-USB 3 working
-Sleep / Wake Working
-Use AMD RX560 as the main graphics card, and UHD 630 accelerated
-Night shift enable
If you want to use this config，don't forget to generate a new Serialnumber in config.plist / smbios,
If CFG-lock is not unlocked, please open kernel / quirks related settings,
And re-customize USB.
You can also contact me if you have a questions.
Thank you everyone
Hi, backwardmac.Sorry, I just saw your message!Hi arnehuo, nice work!
Can you explain me some thing to understand?
1 - I saw the USBpower.kext. but I saw you also use ssd-UIAC, is it mandatory? I think you made the USB Mapping two times, one with kext and an other with my ssdt UIAC write?
What do you mean by "custom usb uses kext"
2 - for the unnecessary DSDT hot patch, I found it necessary as explain few days ago on a open core page not here anymore (OC moving a lot). so maybe these are integrated with new OC.
Just to be sure, in IOREG, if your are not able to see MEM2 device or MCHC then you need them. it's not mandatory, but it makes your hack more Apple friendly
3 - Did tou correct the PowerManagment with the SSDT-PM.aml? what does PPMC and PMCR device do?
And for the 5,1 SMBIOS, it's a trick where I "merge" iMac and MacPro SMBIOS to have the Mac recognize as MacPro in bonjour or system profiler but have benefit of the UHD accelerated. maybe causing the power management issue.
Thanks for your answer..
Has anyone with this motherboard and CPU been able to upgrade to 10.15.5?
My EFI configuration here works great with 10.15.4, but can't seem to upgrade to 10.15.5 using System Preferences > Software Update.