Contribute
Register

[Success] with GA Z77X UD5H + 3770K Audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0 Ghz
Graphics
x2 GeForce GTX 970 Mini ITX
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This by far has been the hardest thing for me. There seems to be many threads from different times of development that say different things to do.

I have everything else working well but I can't seem to get the audio. So my question is what is the definitive way to get it to work.

Do you no longer need a DSDT now, or do I still need one? If so how do I uninstall the one I already have installed? Also I am assuming I don't need to do any DSDT editing right, or do I still need to do this? Which guide should I follow?

I am just lost at this point....

Re: No success yet with GA Z77X UD5H + 3770K Audio.

Are you seeing any outputs in your configuration?
If yes then sometimes you have to search trial-and-error, as not all outputs are working. Mine is in the upper left output.

Your DSDT in in your EXTRA folder. You can just trash it.
Now withthe new vanilla kernel and bridgehelper 5.0 Tonymac recommends NOT using a dsdt. Check the guides.

That said, I used a DSDT from "MisterG" and sound works, here is a rundown:

viewtopic.php?f=169&t=62166&start=10

good luck. ninetto

ninetto said:
Are you seeing any outputs in your configuration?
If yes then sometimes you have to search trial-and-error, as not all outputs are working. Mine is in the upper left output.

Your DSDT in in your EXTRA folder. You can just trash it.
Now withthe new vanilla kernel and bridgehelper 5.0 Tonymac recommends NOT using a dsdt. Check the guides.

That said, I used a DSDT from "MisterG" and sound works, here is a rundown:

http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... 6&start=10

good luck. ninetto

No outputs it does list the 989 in the audio section of the system profile however. Does the new Bridge helper install the vanilla kernel? Does it matter which bios version I am using?

Under outputs I of course mean CONFIGURATION/SOUND.
Your BIOS should not have such a profound effect, my opinion is it is best to update to the current one.

Well I haven't installed the new vanilla kernel yet (if it ain't broke don't fix it) but according to this post, yes, BridgeHelper will do just that:

viewtopic.php?f=169&t=65483&p=408337#p408337

I am not sure this is your solution: are you sure you removed all other HDAkexts/injectors before trying the modified one from toleda?
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=59066

You might also want to try MasterG's dsdt, it is the one I used to get sound. You can find it here:

viewtopic.php?p=383325#p383325

good luck, ninetto

I'm having the exact same problem with this setup :thumbdown: What steps or tutorial did you follow?

ninetto said:
Under outputs I of course mean CONFIGURATION/SOUND.
Your BIOS should not have such a profound effect, my opinion is it is best to update to the current one.

Well I haven't installed the new vanilla kernel yet (if it ain't broke don't fix it) but according to this post, yes, BridgeHelper will do just that:

http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... 37#p408337

I am not sure this is your solution: are you sure you removed all other HDAkexts/injectors before trying the modified one from toleda?
http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=59066

You might also want to try MasterG's dsdt, it is the one I used to get sound. You can find it here:

http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=383325#p383325

good luck, ninetto

Still no luck tried MasterG's and without. Also removed anything from the extension file that had HDA and Audio in it. Under Audio settings it says there is no device.

I have everything else working well but I can't seem to get the audio. So my question is what is the definitive way to get it to work.

Simple and lazy way... $5.00 USB audio stick. Works OOB. :)

powerpcg5 said:

Simple and lazy way... $5.00 USB audio stick. Works OOB. :)

I hate to do that, that would be giving up.

Bomma72 said:
Still no luck tried MasterG's and without. Also removed anything from the extension file that had HDA and Audio in it. Under Audio settings it says there is no device.

Sound WILL work.
Try following MisterG'S steps exactly, after removing old HDA-kexts you DO have to install Toledas kext... via kext-beast etc.
Repairing permissions never hurt either.

Then check your system prefs and if outputs are showing up under SOUND, then you really should spend 5 minutes sticking your speakers into each output port until to hit the right one...

Remove all *HDA* from /S/L/E. Use MultiBeast 4.5.1 with no DSDT, and the options shown in the screenie. Go to System Prefs -> Sound and change the output to one of the Line Out's. You'll get sound from the orange jack on the back of your mobo.

Attachments

• Install MultiBeast.jpg
    Install MultiBeast.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 551
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back