Contribute
Register

[Success] ASUS ROG Strix Z490-G + i7-10700K + RX 580 + OC [now runs 12.3.1]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moral: Don't install the RST drivers in Windows. If you do do this, I suspect the workaround/resolution lives somewhere in the BIOS, but in my case I can live with the current configuration. The Sabrent dock works just fine, and has been a proverbial lifesaver this week.
Thanks for your fast anwser! That is such an unexpected behavior. I don't plan to use Windows on this machine so it should not be an issue, I hope. Thanks again!

Hey I am building pretty much the same build as yours, could you share your EFI files for Big Sur 11.6?
I tried to install big sur with the EFI pinned to this post, but I have error even before Big Sur install shows up. Please share

Hey I am building pretty much the same build as yours, could you share your EFI files for Big Sur 11.6?
I tried to install big sur with the EFI pinned to this post, but I have error even before Big Sur install shows up. Please share
I think you should be looking for answers in this golden build thread instead

Already got Big Sur installed. Now need to fix port mapping and my RX580 GPU not detected somehow. Next will try to upgrade to Monterey.

DisplayPort on the RX580. This seems to be a thing with iMac SMBIOSes as I had a Haswell build with a 15,1 definition with the same symptom. In my case, it's no biggy - HDMI works just fine and displays 2560x1440 on my AOC, but something to note if you have an older display
Did you ever get DisplayPort working on the RX 580? I'm planning a build with my RX 580 and considering using this motherboard. I had no issues with the RX 580 DisplayPort on my old build with the iMac 14,2 system definition.

My XFX RX580 4GB doesn't work with DP even HDMI, just when I plug my dGPU, it doesn't boot and white VGA led always lighting. I am confused, do I even can connect my RX580 to this motherboard. Any tips?

My XFX RX580 4GB doesn't work with DP even HDMI, just when I plug my dGPU, it doesn't boot and white VGA led always lighting. I am confused, do I even can connect my RX580 to this motherboard. Any tips?
Some of the XFX cards can be problematic from what I have read, I cant find any comprehensive list of which cards are bad so take this with a grain of salt (as they say). Maybe try searching for your specific model card on this forum and see what comes up

@Jeipiika - I have the same 280x case but I don't see a windows or linux partition. Do you run iCue successfully in OS X or did you set up the LED functions in another partition?
iCUE Mac works fine, but occasionally takes its time detecting devices. Of course, the caveat is it doesn't support internal devices - I need the Windows version to set up the fan and memory lighting, and the cooler; the HX1000i also won't show in iCUE Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back