Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Ventura on i9-10850K Z490M Gaming X

Thanks so much.

So to install Ventura on a Z490 GamingX with an i5 and the onboard graphics I should just use that whole EFI folder and populate the Serial Number, MLB, System UUID and ROM?

I note your specs in the side bar now list an RX6900, rather than the 5600 that you fixed the fan profile for here, did you have to do similar for that? I've got an RX6600 that I was intending using but was hoping I wouldn't need to get windows installed and fiddle in that way.

So to install Ventura on a Z490 GamingX with an i5 and the onboard graphics I should just use that whole EFI folder and populate the Serial Number, MLB, System UUID and ROM
It should work. You may also need to generate your own USB map, depending on which internal ports you want active or not (due to the 14 port limit). Note that the EFI folder is probably out of date for the latest version of OpenCore (which introduces regular changes - most backward compatible, but not always) and MacOS Ventura. I can post an update.

I note your specs in the side bar now list an RX6900, rather than the 5600 that you fixed the fan profile for here, did you have to do similar for that? I've got an RX6600 that I was intending using but was hoping I wouldn't need to get windows installed and fiddle in that way.
Unfortunately Red BIOS Editor which is required to open the ROM file is not supported for AMD Radeon RX6000 and later cards. Unless a new version is released, it is not possible to create a custom ROM (at least as far as I know)

It should work. You may also need to generate your own USB map, depending on which internal ports you want active or not (due to the 14 port limit). Note that the EFI folder is probably out of date for the latest version of OpenCore (which introduces regular changes - most backward compatible, but not always) and MacOS Ventura. I can post an update.

Unfortunately Red BIOS Editor which is required to open the ROM file is not supported for AMD Radeon RX6000 and later cards. Unless a new version is released, it is not possible to create a custom ROM (at least as far as I know)
Any update would be amazing.
Around the Rom editor, it was more me asking if I'd need to create a custom ROM, but hopefully it'll just work.

Around the Rom editor, it was more me asking if I'd need to create a custom ROM, but hopefully it'll just work.
The way the process works is to take your existing GPU ROM and then extract the settings which is then updated in the ROM file. Note, however that the updated ROM file is not flashed back to the GPU. Instead the PowerPlay table settings are identified using the Hex editor and injected in the Plist as per my guide.

Unfortunately the ROM can no longer be extracted (at least for newer GPU cards - i.e. RX6000 series and newer) so this method no longer works. The implication is that your GPU will work, however you will not be able to configure fan stop or any other custom fan/gpu behaviour in MacOS for a RX6000 series and newer GPU - unless you find a way to be able to manipulate the ROM file.

Last edited:
I can post an update.
Any chance of that update? I've been busy with dull life stuff and am only really coming back to this now and I'm making a mess of it!

I have been running Catalina with old opencore. A recent bios update crippled multicore performance and I haven’t had office updates etc.

Used this config to try and get my aorus master z490 and Radeon xt5700 up to Ventura.

It booted and installed but on first login it freezes after a minute or less.

I know it’s how long is a piece of string but any pointers? Updated serials and usb map but not a lot else

Attachments

• config.plist
    57.6 KB · Views: 32
I have been running Catalina with old opencore. A recent bios update crippled multicore performance and I haven’t had office updates etc.

Used this config to try and get my aorus master z490 and Radeon xt5700 up to Ventura.

It booted and installed but on first login it freezes after a minute or less.

I know it’s how long is a piece of string but any pointers? Updated serials and usb map but not a lot else
Did you update the OC and kexts to latest versions as well? That’s quite important.

As for the system freezing it can be any number of things.

I’d advise disabling NVMeFix and/or RestrictEvents and if you are using Bluetooth to update the BT kexts. Only use IntelBluetoothFimware, Bluetoolfixup and IntelBTPatcher and disable IntelBluetoothInjector.

If the system still freezes try setting Misc > Secure Boot Mode > False in the config.plist.

I can get venture up and running.
Issues:
1. Multicore Performance on Geekbench is in the mid 3's and I would expect mid 6000
2. Inbuilt Intel Ethernet is a pain, Hackintool gives a id I use but no go
3. Inbult Intel Bluetooth has so many KExts I cannot get it up and running.

Attachments

• config.plist
    46.7 KB · Views: 28
Back