Contribute
Register

Success updating to 10.5.7 - with one caveat...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Morning everyone

I have just updated from 10.15.4 through to 10.15.7 and the machine seems stable and no obvious problems. I also updated to Opencore 0.6.3 while I was doing it - seemed to go smoothly.

I did this by CCC-ing my existing 10.15.4 MVME m2 onto another NVME m2 drive so that I could always go back, and updating the copy on the new m2 just in case (thinking I would adopt the same upgrade process to the original m2 once I'd run it for a while).

However

One thing that puzzles me is that the time from Power on press to Opencore selection screen takes 30 seconds or more now and the red post indicator on my mobo (Z390 Designare) stays lit. On screen is just the Gigabyte preboot screen with the logo and F12 / Del selection info.

Leave it be and the mobo light goes out and it goes into Opencore and boots fine - I'm just wondering why it takes so long now when the previous m2 drive (same brand and spec) loads to the Opencore screen in like 5 seconds? I have put the original back in to test and confirmed it is only a few seconds so it's only with the new m2 with 10.15.7 on that is causing this delay.

I will give the 10.15.7 another day or so to confirm no crashing and then do the updates to me original m2 to see if the delay is introduced to that drive as well after upgrading, but in the meantime any suggestions as to why this is happening (not that it is a problem in the grand scheme of things) gratefully received.

Many thanks

Mods please close - I found the problem after some lengthy google-ing. I reseated all my SATA cables one by one and found that the one going to my optical was the problem. Swapped it out and instant booting back again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back